Chapter 39

Harry's P.O.V

Draco's plan was bound to work. The only thing it needed to come crashing down was Ginny already having plans.

That night, the same day Draco and I had formed our plan, I sat down next to Ginny in our common room.

"Hey," I said.

"Oh hi Harry," she turned to look at me.

"I was just wondering, do you have any plans for the weekend?" I asked.

"Uh, nope. Why?"

"Well you see, I'm going to Hogsmeade on Saturday, just for a bit of a wander around. Wanna go with me?" I offered.

"Yeah alright! That sounds cool, um, just us two though, right?"

"Yeah, of course. I just thought it'd be a nice thing to do. You know, just as friends," I suggested.

"Okay!" She said.

I fake yawned.

"I'm tired. I'm gonna go up to bed, so see you tomorrow," I stood up.

"Night Harry."

Yes! I thought as I walked up the spiralling staircase to the dormitory.
*
Saturday came, and I got up early for breakfast. I sat down next to Ginny at the table.

"Good morning. So, ready for today?" She said.

"I sure am," I said while helping myself to toast.

"Er, Draco sent you a note. Here, I haven't opened it," she said, holding out a small folded-up piece of parchment.

"Thanks," I said, hurriedly snatching it out of her hand. I opened it up while she drank her pumpkin juice. It just said:

Harry-
Can she go?
Draco

I turned it over and wrote:

Yes.

I folded it and made it fly back to Draco. He read it and nodded once to me.

I finished my toast and Ginny asked at once,
"Do you wanna get going, then?"

"Yep, let's go," I deliberately said loudly, making eye-contact with Draco.

Ginny and I walked out of the Great Hall together.

Now that we were seventh and eighth-years, we didn't need to wait for everyone else going to Hogsmeade. We could just set off at our own time.

We walked to Hogsmeade together in the snow, and arrived ten minutes later.

"Where shall we go first?" Ginny asked, looking out at the street in front of us.

I thought for a moment. We could go to Honeydukes now. The only problem was- I didn't know when Draco and Blaise were planning on turning up.

Would it hurt to visit somewhere else first?

"Er, how about Zonko's?" I suggested.

"Yeah okay," she agreed, and we walked to the joke shop together.

We didn't spend too long in there, I dragged her out after five minutes.

"Hey, what's the rush?" She queried.

"I'm not rushing. I just think if we want to visit everywhere, we shouldn't really take our time too much."

She shrugged. I looked around quickly, then spotted Draco and Blaise trudging through the snowy path just up the road.

"Hey! Let's go to Honeydukes," I said quickly, pulling Ginny towards the sweet shop.

We went inside and she was obviously taking her time on purpose.

I looked outside the window and saw Draco and Blaise standing right outside the door.

"Ginny, shall we go to the Three-Broomsticks?" I asked.

"But we just got here," she said, raising an eyebrow.

"I know, but look it's so crowded," I told her, gesturing to the people all around us.

"I guess that's true. We could come back later," she said.

"Exactly," I agreed, and we wandered out the shop.

We came face-to-face with Draco and Blaise at once.

"Oh hey, look who's here," I said to Ginny.

"Fancy meeting you here," Draco smirked stepping forwards.

"I know, how ironic," I said.

"Ginny, I don't believe we've been properly introduced before. I'm Draco," he said, holding out a hand to her.

"Hi Draco, I'm Ginny," she laughed, shaking his hand.

"And you must be Blaise," she said, turning on Blaise now.

"Yeah... I am..." he said quietly, shaking her hand.

Draco and I exchanged amused glances.

"So, what's up?" Draco asked.

"Ginny and I were just about to head to the Three-Broomsticks actually. Care to join us?" I offered.

"Yeah okay," he said.

The four of us headed to the pub. Blaise and Ginny were awkward and I caught him look at her a few times.

We found a table inside, and I sat next to Draco. Blaise and Ginny sat opposite us, next to each other.

Draco and I deliberately got into conversation, and I noticed Ginny's attempt to make conversation with Blaise a few times. He responded, but he was acting noticeably shy.

Once we made our way out, Draco was first to talk.

"Harry, could you just come with me for a second please? I need to show you something," he said.

"Yeah sure. Um, Ginny, stay with Blaise," I said.

Blaise shot her a nervous look as she nodded.

Draco and I walked off together around the Shrieking Shack, trying to find a decent hiding place where we could watch them.

Hopefully leaving them alone would help build their chemistry between one another.