Chapter 12

Harry's P.O.V

At breakfast I sat in between Ginny and Ron. Him and Hermione now knew that we were no longer dating, and when they questioned why, Ginny instantly said it was because we both decided we needed some space so it's best we just remained good friends.

Everything at breakfast was going smoothly as I ate my cereal, I then remembered I needed to ask Ginny for advice about Malfoy.

I was about to ask her for a word outside when some random Slytherin I'd never met before came running over to me.

"Hey Potter! Is it true you're gay?" They asked laughing. My eyes widened. How did he find out? My heart started beating fast.

They ran away laughing and whispered something to their friend at the Slytherin table. His friend was now laughing out loud. He and his friend were now whispering it to loads of other people at the Slytherin table.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My heart suddenly stopped- Malfoy. He was bound to find out any second now. Hermione was rolling her eyes.

"Don't worry Harry, I bet it's some stupid joke Malfoy made up," she said.

I looked at Ginny who was staring at me. She could have been the only person who told them, but I couldn't bring myself to believe it was her. Now I had another thing to ask her. I was going to wait until I finished my cereal, but this couldn't wait.

"Ginny, could I have a word out there?" I asked her, pointing outside the Great Hall. She sighed as if she knew what was coming.

"Sure," she replied casually.
We stood up and walked down the Great Hall, passing a whole table of laughing Slytherins.

I looked at Malfoy, he was now laughing too. He obviously knew now. Once we were outside, Ginny said instantly,
"Harry I swear, it wasn't me. You know I'd never do anything like that! Please believe me!"

"I do believe you, but how did they find out? You were the only person I told. You didn't tell any Gryffindors did you?"
"Not a soul. Honestly Harry I wouldn't lie about something like this. I'm mature enough to understand. And anyone would have thought they were too," she said gesturing back to the Slytherins.

I sighed. She spoke again, sympathetically now.
"Harry, it's impossible that they could have found out, so maybe they weren't being serious. Like Hermione said, they were probably just playing a joke or something."

I nodded. After all, that did seem a reasonable suggestion.
"You're right Ginny. Thanks!" I said.
We started to walk back into the Great Hall but then I remembered-

"Oh, and there was actually something I was meant to ask you," I said.
She waited.

"Well, this may sound weird but yesterday I realised I have to tell him, but I couldn't think of any way possible for me to do it. So what I was wondering was if you could give me some advice on how I could get him to like me," I spoke quietly. I expected her to laugh, but she kept a straight face.

"I wouldn't tell him just yet. Wait a while, start acting kinder to him as if you want to become his friend, and don't act awkward near him, otherwise he will eventually find out. When the time comes, just ask him for a private word and make sure you tell him to be mature about it when you tell him, as he should he old enough now to understand. If he doesn't like you back then don't worry, now that he is aware of your feelings he may develop a liking to you too," she said wisely.

Sometimes I think Ginny really should have been sorted into Ravenclaw. I nodded again.

"Thank you Ginny," I said as I gave her a hug. I knew she was right in everything she said, so I would take her advice.

Maybe Malfoy would like me in return one day. I went off to potions with this happy thought.