53.0

THE OUTING

"We ended up getting you a Buzz but it took us a long while to convince you that he was cooler," she laughs again, "I didn't want you to get bullied at school because of a Jessie doll."

"You are lying because you don't want to admit that you had no clue!" I act stubborn.

"Whatever you say, honey," she goes back to being a normal mother, "Just know that I don't mind this. I'm actually looking forward to meet Louis."

"Why didn't you say anything before?" I continue with my interrogation.

"Because I believed there was no need to talk about it."

"But I used to tell you about Taylor, my girlfriend all the time," I remind her, "Why didn't you say something then?"

"Taylor was a she?!" she sounds surprised, "I thought Taylor was a he."

"Mom, you are lying," I take a minute to think about this, "I thought you had no clue."

"I knew it would be hard for you to admit it at some point but then years went by and I just thought it was something we didn't need to discuss," she stays in silence too, "I think it would be better if we have this conversation in person, when you come back from your trip. That sounds better, doesn't it?"

"It does," I sigh.

"But, before that happens, you need to get a haircut," she gets annoying, "You are not putting a foot inside this house with that kind of hair."

"Mom," I get serious, "I haven't told dad yet."

"I called him a few hours ago," she sighs, "To check if he heard anything."

"And what did he say?!"

"He didn't mention anything about it and neither did the wife," she grunts.

"The wife has a name, mom."

"Does she now?" she quickly changes the subject, "Anyways, I don't think he knows yet, honey. Your father is kind of slow and he is not good with computers so I'm sure he wont find out from the Internet."

"I'm scared to call him," I admit.

"What do I always tell you about being scared?"

"That being scared is a good thing," I sigh.

"Aw," the tourist whispers.

"Even if you are scared, this is something you need to do," she continues, "I'm sure he will understand."

"Mom," I take a pause before starting to talk again, "You know him."

"I do," she sighs, "But you have to do it anyways. You know I'll be here no matter what and so will your sister."

"I know that," I mumble.

"Just be honest to him. It's better if you do it now before someone else does. You are a brave boy, Harry. I know you'll do fine."

"Thanks, mom," I start to feel the adrenaline running through my veins, "Gotta go now. I love you."

"So," the tourist tries to hide a smirk, "Jessie, huh?" he breaks into a long laugh.

"How did you even hear that? Shut up," I shake my head, "Stalker."

"Your mom's cool," he smiles, "How are you feeling now?"

"Very gay," I admit.

"I thought so," he laughs, "I'm proud of you. You know that, right?"

"I did not ask for a Jessie doll," I raise my voice. Looks like I'm not ready to drop the issue. "I was obsessed with Buzz. She is lying."