27.0

THE DATE

"What's the best wine you have?" I ask the lady who's taking our orders and the funny smirk on the tourist's face makes me want to laugh but I hold it.

"The Pizzato Concentus, sir," she answers.

"Sounds fancy," he adds, "And expensive also," he mouths.

"Don't worry about it," I turn to the waitress, "Is it a Merlot?"

"It's a blend, sir," she explains, "50 per cent Merlot, 25 per cent each Cabernet Sauvignon and Tannat. Goes very well with what you have ordered as the main course."

"Are you guys speaking Portuguese? Because I can't understand a word of what you are saying."

"Louis," I roll my eyes at him, "We'd like a bottle, please."

"You are so polite when you date," he says when the girl leaves us alone, "I feel so out of place. This place is fancy."

"It is," I smile, "Do you like it?"

"I do and did you notice that you called me Louis?"

"Well, that's your name, isn't it?"

"Yeah, but I was starting to get used to Tourist," he laughs again, "Are you doing this to impress me or this is how you usually date?"

"I don't usually date," I mumble.

"But you have dated before, right?" he raises an eyebrow.

"Of course I have," I lie.

"Bubu," he stares at me, "I can already tell when you are lying."

"Okay," I sigh, "I'm not the kind of guy who dates."

"Interesting," he stays quiet, "And you are not the kind of guy who cuddles either."

"Wasn't," I take a sip of water, "I think I am now."

"Aw," there he goes again with the gayness, "I turned you into a cuddler."

"Don't praise yourself," I laugh.

"But I have," he teases, "So this means that you've never been in a serious relationship before?"

"Exactly," I admit with a seed of shame.

"But how?" he looks surprised.

"Here's your wine," the lady comes at the right moment to save me from the awkwardness. She pours some on my glass and I take as long as I can to taste it.

"It's fine," I tell her and she pours some more on my glass and then on the tourist's.

"I am impressed," he tastes the wine, "This is very good. You should know that I'm not good at drinking wine. I'll probably end up super wasted tonight."

"Good," I bite my lips, "That's my plan."

"You evil bubu," he squints at me, "Are you planning to take advantage of this poor and innocent guy?"

"Maybe I am," I joke, "And innocent? Yeah, right."

"How dare you? I'm a family guy," he looks around the room, "I'm so not dressed for the occasion."

"You are perfect."

"Aww."

"No," I cut him off, "I didn't mean it like that."

"Yes, you did," he gets annoying, "You think I'm perfect."

"Nope."

"You think I'm pretty," he chants.