~5~

Quickly running up the stairs to get to the top deck while trying your best to keep your balance, the boat suddenly jerked upwards once again. Unfortunately, you weren’t able to get a hold of the railing in time and you fell down; however, this time to your surprise, you had fallen on something far softer than the wooden boards of the ship.

“Ouch,” you heard a familiar voice from under you.

“Yashiro!” you cried out as soon as you saw the boy that was disoriented from falling on top of him. “I’m so sorry.”

Quickly getting off him and trying to regain your balance, you went on one knee to check his status. Thankfully, other than being disoriented, he was fine after catching your fall. He looked at you with his light gray eyes after a while of regaining himself. Holding your hand out at him, he grabbed it with a smile as you pulled him up.

“Th-thank you.”

“We should check what’s going on,” you told Yashiro who nodded in agreement.

Climbing up the stairs - this time with more precaution - you opened the door towards the top deck only to be met by pouring rain, loud steps, and constant yelling. The wind blew strongly on your hair making it fly all over the place, especially over your eyes.

“Kazuha!” Beidou yelled as she swung her electro covered sword towards the monster as soon as it jumped out of the ocean. “Let’s distract that thing so the rest of the crew can steer us out.”

Bringing out his sword in response to Beidou, Kazuha looked at the sea monster before calling out, “Fallen leaves… adorn my night.”

All around the ship was a wall of purple wind swirling and dancing with maple leaves decorating it. The electro power that the wall had collected started to electrocute the monster before it disappeared in a dash of wind. Based on your memories, you could tell that the monster that had caught the ship was a sea serpent, a semi-intelligent monster with it’s head as it’s weakness.

With a dark blue body that could blend into the depths of the ocean, its yellow eyes glowed with a predator's intuition. Its mouth opening and releasing a loud roar in an attempt to assert its dominance, the serpent tried to bite at Kazuha with its gleaming fangs.

You had fought it a millenia ago before you finally figured out where it’s weak point was, which was it’s forehead. Unfortunately since you didn’t know much about it, the last time that you had fought it, nearly 10 people had died before you killed the powerful serpent.

“It’s forehead,” you shouted, looking towards Beidou who had just dodged one of its water attacks.

The whole crew ran around the ship trying to steer the boat away from the serpent and keep it from destroying the boat badly. From your peripheral vision, you saw Yashiro shaking with wide eyes of pure fear. You needed to do something and quick before the situation got even more out of hand.

Looking around for something, you noticed a spear moving around on the water and immediately reached out to get it. Beidou continued to strike out lines of electricity while Kazuha jumped on the serpent to attack it with the power from his vision. The constant attacks from them continued to hurt the serpent to the point that it started to get mad.

“Raw!”

“Please, guide my aim,” you thought back during the time that you had learned spear throwing from before you had even become immortal. It may have been a very long time ago but you still remembered everything. Well, everything except how you became immortal and why you were cursed in such a way.

Staring at the serpent and analyzing all of its movement, you brought your arm back, the weight of the spear resting on your palm growing familiar once again. Gripping it comfortably like you were taught to, you let out a breath. You had one chance at this. You couldn’t mess up.

Eyes zeroing in on your target, you took a step back at the same time Kazuha jumped up. The moment the white-haired anemo user plunged down to the serpent's body which stunned it, you stabilized yourself and hurled the spear forward with all the strength that you could muster. Arm aching from the throw, you watched the spear hit its mark exactly in the middle of the forehead. Screaming in pain, the serpent quickly dived down into the ocean and Kazuha jumped down from its body and landed safely on the deck.

“Woooo!” everyone on the ship shouted as they looked at you with glee after the serpent disappeared into the now somewhat calmed waves.

“H-how did yo-you d-do that y-y/n?” Yashiro looked up at you with shining eyes.

Blushing from the attention, you hesitantly said, “Someone taught me how to throw a spear a while back.”

“That was amazing,” Kazuha walked up to you with a smile. “Without you, who knows what would have happened.”

“Kazuha is right,” Beidou agreed from where she stood. “Without you, things would have ended up badly.”

You grinned with pure bliss. A new memory, a new moment, something that you had never experienced before that made your chest heat because of this new form of happiness. After so long of being forgotten, alone, and frustrated with life, it was like a new leaf had turned over.

This was the first time that you had saved people dear to you.

This was the first time that you had ever gone against your fate and curse.

“It’s thanks to everyone,” you laughed. “It’s all thanks to everyone’s effort.”

You looked at Kazuha who gave an platonically affectionate smile. This was a pleasant feeling. A feeling of family and love. Cherished people together, you never wanted this to end. It may have just been a short time since you were on the ship but it was most definitely a memorable time full of new attachments. And not only that, it was the first ever time you defied your curse.

It was like a dream you never wanted to leave.

Now the only question to answer is, what would you do?

Would you leave?

Would you stay?