~25~

Looking around where you stood, you seemed to be stuck in a dark and lonely place.

“Y/n,” someone sang.

“Don’t just stay here y/n.”

“Leave this place now. I don’t want to see your face around here anymore.”

“Y/n, save him,” another voice called out.

“Don’t just give up.”

“Stand up again,” a voice said as you could feel someone’s hand over yours.

“We believe in you.”

“Don’t let our sacrifice be in vain,” people started to appear out of the darkness.

“Go out and live your life.”

“Don’t be weighed down by guilt.”

“Thank you,” a familiar face walked up to you and gave you a hug before disappearing into white particles of light.

One after another, people from your past walked up to you to give you either a handshake or a hug and words of encouragement and thanks. Throat clogged up as different emotions welled up in you, you didn’t know what to think or say about all that was happening.

“Please save Kazuha,” a light brown haired man said as he walked towards you and gave you a smile. “You have to wake up now. You can’t just stay here.”

“Who are you?” You asked as the man who had spoken seemed awfully familiar to you.

“You can call me Tomo,” the man said before holding your hand and walking you to a door that had appeared out of nowhere. “Wake up from this world in your mind now and save Kazuha.”

The door before you opened and a bright light flooded the dark space as all around you stood the people that you had met throughout your life. Smiles and laughed filled the air as everyone started to disappear.

At last, only the man named Tomo was left.

“Everyone you had met may have had their life shortened,” he started. “But they don’t regret ever meeting you because you were the light for them. They’re grateful for you opening their eyes and helping them do what they want. Don’t blame yourself anymore.”

“Thank you!” You grinned genuinely for the first time in a while as you felt all the contrite and guilt being lifted from your shoulders.

Soon enough, everything turned white and now you were back in Khaenri'ah. The goddess laid on the ground, her body cracking into little pieces as all the cubes that she had summoned turned into tiny shards that littered the ground.

Immediately looking for Kazuha, the weapon that had stabbed him was now gone and all that was left was blood on his clothes and tiny harmless shards. 

“Kazuha,” you hesitantly said, scared to see if you would get a reply from him or not.

“Y/n,” Kazuha’s eyes blinked open as he saw you.

Hugging him, you nuzzled your face into his chest as he hugged you tightly before putting his face into your neck. Out of nowhere, you felt something cold touch your neck. You could hear Kazuha’s quiet sniffles as your heart tightened. 

How would you have lived without him?

“I got scared. When I saw the goddess about to attack you from behind, the only thing that I could think of was that I didn’t want to lose you,” Kazuha told you honestly as he embraced you. “Let’s just stay like this for a while.”

You nodded as you rubbed his back in hopes to comfort him. You couldn’t dare to comprehend the things that were going on through Kazuha’s mind right now. He had nearly given up his life to save you when he still had much longer to live for. He said that he had your back and he kept his word. You were terrified about what would happen if Kazuha were to die and according to him, the same applied to him. The feelings that he must be going through after seeing everything was beyond your understanding.

It was just the two of you at that moment. An embrace of warmth between two lovers after the meeting between life and death. There was nothing more that needed to be said between both of them. It was clear that they cherished each other even to the point of death.

“I’m sorry about earlier Kazuha,” you apologized. “I was scared so I pushed you away. I didn’t want you to be in the middle of this. If you had died, I don’t know how I would have handled it. With my curse, I feared the worst. I know I agreed that the both of us would go but…”

“It’s fine. The same goes for me,” Kazuha released from his hug before looking into your eyes intensely. “I wouldn’t be able to bear it if you died so please don’t push me away anymore. Next time something happens, let's deal with it together.”

“Never again,” you laughed as you kissed his cheek before standing up and swiftly leaving to check on your other companions.

The moment your lips touched Kazuha’s cheek, his mind went into overdrive. Though he looked calm and quiet on the outside, he was quite shocked and sat in place processing what had just happened.

You quickly ran to check up on everyone else as well to try and push back your thoughts which were questioning the kiss that you had given Kazuha. Looking around, you had seen your first ever companion slowly getting up from where he was laying.

“Dain!” You exclaimed as you knelt down to greet him and give him a hug.

He looked at you before looking back at his shirt which had a giant hole in it from the unknown goddesses attack, “What happened y/n?”

“That’s not important,” you shook your head as you hugged Dain with full force. “The important thing is that you’re alive again.”

“Again?”

“Y/n! Dain!” Aether called out as he ran towards the two of you while being followed by Lumine and Paimon. “You’re ok! Where’s Kazuha?”

“I’m here,” Kazuha walked towards where everyone was gathered.

“Aether, Lumine, you’re both ok,” you sighed with pure bliss knowing that everyone was ok.

Lumine averted her gaze as soon as she noticed you looking at her. Releasing Dain and walking towards Lumine, you gave her a hug, “Don’t feel bad.”

“Y/n, I’m sorry,” Lumine murmured while looking at you with guilt stricken eyes. “If only I was stronger then none of this would have happened. I wouldn’t have been so whimsical and made such foolish actions that nearly destroyed Teyvat. I remember everything that I have done and it’s beyond forgiveness. I don’t even know why I did it. Creating the Abyss, hurting Aether, starting rifts in this world, and everything else I did to ruin everything.”

“Don’t blame yourself. Even you can’t control what happened,” you pat her head before bringing her towards Dain who gave her a smile of forgiveness.

“Paimon doesn’t mean to ruin the moment,” Paimon said out of the blue. “But Paimon’s confused. What’s going on?”