~24~

You tried to run towards him but Kazuha held you back as tears ran down your face. Sight growing blurry from the continuous tears, you could see the vague figure of Dain fall on the ground.

"Dain!" You screamed once more, your throat course from the scream.

Sobbing, you reached out for Dain hoping that somehow, he would stand up once more - exhausted but ready to keep on fighting. But, the spear had penetrated his torso and he was bleeding far too much for someone to be able to survive.

Your first ever companion, the one who had pledged his loyalty to you was now dead on the ground. Memories of the fun times that you had with him flashed through your mind. You had remembered sparring, eating, competing, everything that you had done with him.

Enraged, Aether's eyes went wide as power started to overflow from his body. Behind him, wings similar to that of Lumines appeared and he flew towards the goddess, the twin sword of Lumines appearing in his hand. Attacking straightfowardly, Aether focused all his power into one attack. As Aether and the goddess were locked in a battle, Lumine flew behind the goddess collecting all of her power once more.

Gasping Paimon flew around not knowing what to do. She looked at both you and Kazuha then to Dain and then to the twins.

"Enough," the goddess ordered as all around her exploded cubes.

"Careful!" Kazuha yelled to the twins who had started to back away.

However, they were too slow and with the attack hitting the twins, they where thrown back from the powerful attack. Lumine, who had taken less of the attack immediately flew towards her brother to take on the brunt of the fall.

"Aether! Lumine!" Both you and Paimon shouted in fear as she flew towards where they were hit back.

The twins lay on the ground across from where you and Kazuha were. Lumine looked at you with anguish as she held onto her brother tightly.

"Y/n wait here-"

Forcing yourself out of Kazuha's grasp, you ran towards the goddess and collected all your power into your sword. It continued to glow brighter and brighter to the point where it could blind someone.

"I'll never forgive yo-"

Out of nowhere, you felt a weight on your back. Turning your head, your eyes dilated when you saw white hair falling to the ground from the side of your vision. Body fully turned, time seemed to slow down for you as Kazuha's body fell to the ground. Bleeding from a sharp cube-formed needle that had pierced his side, his clothes filled with crimson red blood.

Releasing the power that you had built up, you fell to you knees. You stared at Kazuha's pale face as you quietly sobbed. Tears running down your face, you placed your hand over his cheeks, hand shaking so much that it could clearly be seen.

"Kazuha... Kazuha... Kazuha..." you repeated his name over and over, your eyes growing dark with hopelessness.

This had been your fear, your greatest fear. You were there with a lifeless looking Kazuha in your arms.

"I'm sorry..." Kazuha opened his eyes slowly as he struggled to lift his hand to touch your cheek.

You looked at his dark and sad eyes as you continued to sob because the one who you loved was losing his life. He gave you a small smile before putting his hand down.

"Please... smile for me y/n..." Kazuha slowly said.

You tried to smile as per his request but with only sorrow being the only thing that you could feel, it was hard. Giving a small smile, you chuckled but your eyes grew darker when you noticed Kazuha's breathing slowing.

"This is the end," the goddess declared, interrupting the painful moment,

All around her, cubes continued to appear, tens by tens multiplying one after another. As soon as they stopped appearing, line of cubes flew towards you. Screaming, you released the power that you had unconsciously been collecting in your body. A blinding light radiated from you as it continued to grow in size until it reached the goddess herself.

~~~~~
Fin.

Kidding~
there's still like 5 chapters left