chapter 10- Night terrors

Violet woke up from sound that sounded like breaking glass from someone trying to break in. She got up quickly and went to the area were the source of thr sound came from. She didn't think to wake up Seth because she didnt want to wake him up and bother him. She found broken glass on the first floor. She quickly ground an lamp from the kitchen then slowly walk near the glass to examine the situation.
"Blood...?" She said quietly while picking up the glass examining it. Then a light chuckled came from behind her. Her eyes widen and she back quickly.
"Awwww is the little girl scared?" This man said. Violet eyes widen and she drop the lamp and ran to the staircase. The mystery man follow her. Violet ran up the stairs in a panic as her knees weaken from her fear. She ran to Seth's room and twists the door knob to see if was unlocked. She was very lucky the door swing open, as she ran inside then she slam the mystery man's hand with the door. The mystery man let out a bloody scream like he was stabbed. As that man scream Seth jolt up quickly to Violet in tears from being scared and a random man's hand stuck in the door as Violet lock the door.
"Hey hey, what's wrong Violet?" Seth said as he walk up to slowly. Violet eyes were shining with tears as they fall from her eyes.
"T-T-The man...he c-c-chased me up the stairs...after he broke in." She cried. Seth went to his phone and called for the police the the mystery man was trying to pull his hand out but scream in pain as he did. Seth hugged Violet very closely.
"Your safe, I got you. You did the right thing." Seth said trying to comfort her.
"You monster! You broke my hand!" The mystery man said sounding more angry this time instead of creepy. Violet hugged Seth even more as she buried her face into his chest.
"Sshhh..it's okay Violet, he's just a bad man right now. Your not a monster, your just scared." He said ina soft, gentle tone. Seth sat her down on his bed gently.
"The police will be here shortly..Violet, try to calm down." He said lifting her chin up with his hand. His heart shatter seeing her like this, as streams of tears went down her face. Violet nodded slowly as she look away. Seth wiped away her tears. All the sudden the mystery man started hitting the door with a sharp object then the wood on the door started to cracked open. Seth stand into front her to protect.
"I promise to protect...even though it might cost my life.." Seth said looking down at her.
"Seth no! Please don't!" Violet Shouted.

Seth was hearing shouting and crying from Violet's room.
"Oh no she might be having a nightmare..." Seth said as he got up quickly. He left room and went next door to Violet's room. He went to open to the door hoping it was unlocked and thank goodness it was. Seth rushed in there shut thr door quietly. Then walk up to her.
"Miss Violet please wake up your having a nightmare.." He said in a soft tone while shaking her softly. Violet jolt up in fear as she saw Seth. She hug tightly not wanting to let go. Seth hug back immediately cause he hate seeing her like this. He sat down on her bed and put Violet on his lap so she can keep hugging him tightly.
"Ssshhh..it's okay it was a nightmare, dear." He said softly as he wipe her tears that won't stop falling.
"Please don't leave my side..." She said quietly burieding her face into his chest.
"Oh...dear...was it that bad?" He asked wondering how he can help her. Violet nodded her head.
"Creepy scary man broke in...chased me up the stairs then I went to.....you for safety but the man start..breaking in....and you stand in front of me to protect me....a-and I don't remember the rest." She said stuttering a little. Seth eyes widen a little.
"Hey look at me, I'm here now, and it was just a bad dream." He said in a calm tone. Violet look up at him. Seth smile down at her and wiped her tear off. Then he kiss her forehead to show her that she's not dreaming anymore.
"See you are out of it now, and your in a safe place now and your in my arms safe and sound." He said trying to comfort her and Violet smiled a little, knowing she's out that horrible dream that seem so real. Seth lay down on her bed while she's lays on top of him, listening to his heart beat while she slowly drifts back to sleep. It's was only 2am, Seth yawn as he check the time then slowly drift off to sleep as he notice that Violet as calm down and went back to sleep. He kiss her head before he fell asleep holding her tightly.