2- Continuous Path

Nathaniel's POV.

"Get up Nathan! Come on! You have school!" my mom's voice was waking me up from my sleep.

I could sleep forever if that's possible. Anything to escape the reality.

"I got it!" I yelled back.

I got up although I have no motivation at all and felt pain in my body. Those guys beat the shit out of me, obviously I would be in pain.

That girl's face flashed in my mind once again. I can't stop thinking about her. She saved my life. I would've almost end up at the hospital and mom would be in tears. One more minute and I could've lost my life.

I hate being weak. But, how can I change? This is who I am. I'm different, that's what mom says and she's right.

Me, being different is what makes my whole existence a burden. I feel like I'm lost in this deep whole and I absolutely can't find no way out.

My dad was never there when I grew up, it was always my mom. I never had any friends and people never even look my way. I never had someone I could call a friend.

I blame myself. I don't look cute or hot like the girls would say. I'm rather plain and I don't have any sense of humour or style. It's normal that no one would want to even say hi to me.

My mom is the only person that loves me in the world. Laugh all you want but that's true. That's why I don't want her to know how I am treated outside. She would be heartbroken. And I don't want that to happen.

I have my twin sister as well. Olivia, but she is in her own little world and I get it. If the roles were switched, I wouldn't want to ruin my life because of my sibling who's sick.

"Hey dear, is everything okay? You know you can tell me if there's anything right?" my mother reminded me like she always does.

I nodded slightly smiling.

I used her makeup this morning to hide all the bruises I got from getting beat up yesterday. As if I wasn't depressed enough, a good beating sounded like an option as well.

I was born weak not even by option and now I'm the bait. I sighed remembering I'll have to go back to that hell of a place, school.

"Eat well before going to school and don't forget to be on time home for your appointment, I gotta go now" she said grabbing her keys and then making her way out of the house.

"She never asks me if I'm okay" Olivia said coming into the kitchen while grabbing her ice coffee from the fridge.

"She would if you just came earlier" I said. She thinks we're treated differently but that's not the case.

"Whatever. Remember to not look at me at school like at all. " she reminded.

"Yeah I know" I replied.

I never even pay attention to her, only when she appears in my way and I accidentally see her. I mean, that's what she wants.

"Okay, bye brother" she said in a sarcastic way before leaving as well.

I got up a while later feeling a sudden pain in my chest. This is getting bad. What am I going to do if it occurs that I meet those bullies again?

I had kept my hands over my chest the whole time they were beating me which I did good. Why is it hurting so much then?

***

"Make sure to hand me out your assignment before the end of the class" my history teacher said before letting us focus on our work.