12- Fighter

Nathaniel's POV.

"I'm telling you Olivia—what if it's a secret lover we didn't know about?" I asked her not being able to cope with my nervousness.

I have been pacing in her room back and forth. I can't chill at all. A random dude shows up while we're together and she just goes with him leaving me behind. I have a bad feeling about this no matter which perspective I look at this from.

"Oh lord. Nathan chill out. Didn't you confess to her? You should be confident she will choose you over that random guy okay?" Is this her way of reassuring me? Well, it's not working.

"Or what if...what if she's in trouble right now? and she needs help?" I asked concerned.

"Nathan. I already texted her and she did not respond but that doesn't mean anything. Also, she can protect herself perfectly well. Now get out of my room I have a headache because of you" she said laying on her bed.

"Olivia...call her one last time please" I begged.

She already called her like ten times but I still refuse to believe she's okay until I can at least hear her voice. She's not responding and we have no idea where she is.

"Nathan at this point her phone must have no batteries since she doesn't pick up the phone. Trust me she's fine—if she doesn't show up home in the next few hours we'll let mom know and call the cops but for now relax. It's not good for your heart so calm down." she said.

She's right, I need to calm down. Ugh, but how?

Just as I was about to finally leave Olivia's room we heard the doorbell and immediately looked at each other alerted.

"Don't run! I'll go open the door first!" Olivia said before running out of her room as I followed at my own pace.

Fighting the urge to want to run to get that door was hard and crazy. The things I'd sacrifice for Athena are...out of this world. I'll literally trade my life for her.

I want to heal and I want to grow as a person for her. I want her to compliment me and look at me. I want her to be by my side. I just want her so bad.

It's crazy because I couldn't see a reason to live but now I do. I didn't see hope in the dark. I didn't feel like living for long but now I want to. Now, I want to be present and live.

I made it downstairs after Olivia and saw her standing there looking at us confused.

"Are you...guys okay?" She asked us after a moment of silence.

"Us? No yeah were good. Just wondering how come you're so late..." Olivia was acting cool.

"I got caught up with something—sorry" she was lying. She's good at hiding her emotions but I know how to read her pretty well.

"What happened with that guy?" I had to ask her.

"Nothing. I'm tired...I'm going to shower and then sleep" she gave us a fake smile and then made her way upstairs.

Again, I hate this. I want her to tell me and come to me when she needs help and reassurance. I know I can't force her but still...I just wish.

I let out a sigh as I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Olivia.

" don't worry Nathan. Just give her some time." she said.

I was really upset. My heart was not taking it the right way.

The next day, I was ignored as well as the day after. I tried to talk to her but she simply wouldn't. It's like she was wearing a mask and she was refusing to take it off.