Part 29- Miracle

A few months later.

Athena's POV.

"Pretty sure you're forgetting something"  Nathan looked over at me from the kitchen.

I ran to him and kissed him.

"I'm hiring a secretary so things will be a lot more easier for me. See you tonight." I told him.

He kissed my forehead before I left our house.

Time goes fast. And, when you're busy building a home, it goes even quicker. Nathan and I, we had our ups and downs. But, what he had told me a year ago stuck on me. No matter what happens to us, we'll find our way back to each other.

There's no more apartment. No more start up business. No more worries of losing him. No more problems that we can't overcome. Dad proved to Nathan and I that we were all family and that his job was to protect us. No one would try hurt us anymore.

He had gifted Nathan a car and gifted me a penthouse. Although, Nathan and I bought our own house by ourselves and I had my own car as well—we decided to still accept those gifts. Because they were sincere and coming from my dad's heart.

My business had a rise, thanks to the investor that went big on me. I owe him a lot. My dad also invested and I accepted. My goal was to show him that I was capable of making my own name however it took me some time to realize that he never needed for me to prove anything. He truly wants me to succeed wether I'm on his side or not. Being the own boss of my company, I get really busy. But, I know it's all worth it.

I never thought I'd say this but...I love my dad. He is really important to me and he takes such good care of me. It took me some time to realize that he was truly my real father. It felt odd at first because I wasn't used to being treated right. But now, I know. I know that I wouldn't want to have any other dad. I know that he is my father unlike my adoptive one.

Sometimes, I get chills. He is dead now. I shot him. I did that. As much as I want to hate myself for it, I just can't. I'm not that unaware. He hurt me more than anyone ever did. He hurt my man. And, he tried to end my world just like he was in the process of doing five years ago. Only this time, I didn't let him do it.

"Good morning sister!" I got jump scared.

"What are you doing in my office?" I asked catching my breath.

"You are never happy to see me or Yusuf. You're aware of that right?" He said instead.

"You know that's not true" I said taking off my jacket and installing myself at my desk.

"Sure. Well, I do have a purpose of being here today" he says.

"I'm listening. Better not be long, I have a meeting in exactly..." I checked my watch.

"Ten minutes." I added.

"You're so busy." He said.

"I'm running a business here." He works for dad's business too. He knows that better than me.

"Dad is inviting all of us to Pakistan this weekend." He said.

"What? Why? It thought he was back already" I said logging into my laptop.

"Actually, he's not coming back here. He feels at home there. But, he really wants us to be present to the event he's hosting. You're gonna be there?" He asks right away.

"Do I have a choice?" I teased him.

"You always do."

"Of course, I'll be there with Nathan" I confirmed.