Part 28- Destruction and Cure

Mature content in this chapter!

Nathan's POV.

I dreamed of her before waking up. When my eyes began to slowly open, they were searching for her. But, she wasn't here. I was really thirsty, my throat was dry.

How long have I been sleeping for? I started to remember everything that had happened. I hope Athena is okay.

"Nathan" Fazal came in the room and made me drink some water while helping me to sit up properly.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah...I think I am. Did I sleep for long?" I asked.

"Just a day" he said. Not bad.

"Where's—"

"She's all fine but she's not here." That's not what I expected to hear.

"Where...is she?" I asked when he didn't proceed to say it.

"She left last night. No notice." That's weird. Actually, it's not normal at all.

"I'll go get the nurse" he said before leaving as I grabbed my phone and checked to see if I had a message. Unfortunately, I had none. That's just not possible. I was sure she'd the be the first to be next me as soon as I wake up.

The whole day as I stayed in the hospital per the request of the doctor wanting to make sure that I was okay, I waited for her to text me, call me or show up. Nothing happened. After Fazal, her dad came to visit. He apologized for what I had to go through. He told me about how his daughter was in great pain knowing that I was im danger. He must be right but where is she?

I knew he wouldn't know so I didn't bother to ask. Then, Yusuf came in and reassured me that this was all over. I didn't need to keep coming to trainings. I didn't need to hide anything from Athena. She was aware of everything now. I'm sure she knows I had good reasons.

My family wasn't informed about what happened just to avoid having to explain to them extra details but also because Olivia's mariage is near and she's doesn't need a handful of stress on her shoulders.

I sighed as the sun went down. I was allowed to leave now. I changed into normal clothes which consisted of a pair of grey sweatpants and a hoodie of the same colour. I pulled the hoodie cap on my head. There's frustration in me. Not to forget that I am really upset. I need my wife and she's no where near me. I put my shoes on before leaving the hospital room and making my way out of this place that stinks of sanitizer.

I've spent more than half of my life in hospitals smelling the same thing, wearing the same clothes, hearing the same lectures. Being back here brings memories I'm not trying to revive.

God, where could she possibly be? While waiting for my taxi, I was trying to think as hard as I can about where she'd be.

"Son" who just called me son? I turned around and met Athena's dad.

"Sir...?" I can't believe he called me son. He never calls me that. It's always Nathan or boy.

"I know where she is." He said.

"What? Really?" Guess I should've still asked after all.

"Yes I do. I forgot to tell you something." He added.

"I made you go through a lot of difficulties and...I gotta apologize. You proved me all wrong when you risked your life for my daughter. I thought things would get worst but turns out you were there first and you gave it your all. Thank you." He said.

"You're a father. I never blamed you for the way you reacted towards me." I honestly said.

It's true that I always felt nervous. I was scared one wrong move would make him hate me more than he already did. I was afraid I wouldn't be good enough to him for his daughter. But, at the end of the day I enjoyed and appreciated that he cared about Athena. Even if she was a married woman, he was making sure that she was okay. He was worrying about her. I envied her. Because, I never knew what a father was like. Until, I met him.