11- Confessions

Nathan's POV.

It's happening, it's happening, it's happening!

I can't keep my cool. I can't believe I'm about to confess to a girl for the first time in my entire life. My heart is beating so fast that it is about to explode.

This is crazy.

I was walking around in my room trying to calm down. She's about to come here and I have to confess and give her the gift I prepared.

I can't stop shaking oh my god—

I froze as soon as I heard a knock on my door. She's here.

Calm down Nathan, calm down. You got this my boy.

I opened the door facing her. She looked so perfect yet so sick. She needs to rest. I want her to rest but I have to do this one thing first.

"Hey, come in" I said letting her in.

She got in as she began to look around.

"You're a book freak, aren't you?" she commented immediately.

"Huh? Oh...well it's a hobby I guess" I said awkwardly chuckling.

I loved how she was looking around at my room. How she was noticing small things and probably making assumptions about me in her head. I liked that.

I loved how she was in my room. My room. I loved how were both alone in here. In a not so big space. If only she knew what was going on in my head. Would she be surprised?

"Your pictures as a kid are so cute" she kept making comments.

"Are you ready for your gift?" I finally asked.

She turned to face me properly.

"I am. That's why I'm here" she said.

"Could you like...sit on my bed...? I'm a bit nervous." I asked her.

She nodded and sat down on my bed.

"So...I wanted us to be only us like this...to tell you that...I like you." I confessed. Lord, I did it.

She kept looking at me with the same look.

"I mean I like you as a guy and not just a friend. I...I've been thinking a lot and I just can't take you off my mind. You're so special to me Athena. I...I never felt this way towards any girl before. You're something else. And you're doing so many things to me." why isn't she saying anything? This is nerve wrecking.

"I know I'm not the perfect guy and...I'm far from being the one made for you but I promise I'll work hard to meet your standard. I'm imperfect but for you...I'll try my best to be perfect enough" I kept going. I had to empty my heart out.

"I like you a lot so please...be my girlfriend." I added. I could add more and more. The list of things I want this girl to know is insanely long. But, I stopped because I needed to know if she would reciprocate.

I kept looking at her waiting for her to say something.

"Thank you. I had never thought you'd feel this way towards me. Could you give me some time? To give my answer?" she finally spoke.

She needs time? I guess I can give her that.

I couldn't hide my disappointment. I wanted an answer right away. But, if she needs time...I should give it to her.

"Okay...sure" I agreed.

"Here" I grabbed the flowers I kept hidden with the gift as well and gave it to her.