18- Another Chance

Nathan's POV.

I warned Olivia to never show up in front of Athena again. I can't believe she slapped her and embarrassed her in front of everyone as well.

It doesn't matter what our past was. It doesn't matter how many grudges we had towards each other. It's only right to respectfully talk to someone.

She's literally the CEO and my boss. What if I get fired because of her?

But, that's not just it. She must be feeling like shit knowing that Olivia and I, both hate her.

And, that slap must've hurt a lot as well.

I can't believe that guy showed up again. I am convinced at this point that they are more than just working colleagues. Every time he shows up, she seems to relax. She seems to feel better than when I happen to be only with her.

It bothers me. I just want to let it all out like Olivia just did but I know that the road isn't that easy. It's quite bumpy I must say.

I need to confirm their relationship first. Or else, I won't be able to find any peace of mind.

***

"Your sister inspires me! How did she just did that in front of everyone? Just wow!" Tania was still shocked regarding what happened last night.

I don't blame her. I feel the same.

"I need to be friends with her so she can teach me how to be a badass!" She exclaimed.

Tania kept talking while I was looking around for Athena or her secretary. I need to apologize for yesterday on behalf of Olivia because I know she will never do it herself.

I doubt she would show up in the cafeteria but I really hope she does.

A few minutes later, I saw Arman and immediately got up before walking to him.

"Hi sir, I need some help." I said.

"Good morning. What can I help you with?" He replied.

"I need to speak to miss Yasmina, if her schedule allows me to of course." I said.

He checked his watch frowning his eyebrows as if he was thinking about it.

"Miss Yasmina is currently in a meeting but I can take you there so as soon as she's done you can meet her right away...it won't take much long right?" He said.

"No not at all. Just a few minutes actually." I said in relief.

"Perfect. Let's go then" he said as I followed him.

We made it to the conference room. It was filled with people which meant the meeting was going on.

"You can stay here and wait until people have left the room in about...5 minutes meanwhile I'll go and get something and I'll be right back sounds good?" he said as I nodded in agreement.

Five minutes passed and people began leaving the conference room one by one until it was empty only leaving Athena inside. I got in immediately with full on anxiety.

"Nathan?" she noticed me.

"Hey. Can we talk?" I asked.

"Sure. Come inside and close the door behind you" she said as I did so.

"Is everything alright?" she asked me.

"Yes. I..." shit. Damn it Nathan. Right now is not the time to drool over how beautiful she looks. Concentrate!

"I...am here to apologize on behalf of my sister. What happened yesterday should not have happened." I managed to say.

"You don't have to apologize. Neither for yourself or for her. This is what I deserve." she said.