Part 25- Skills

Nathan's POV.

"You're late" his deep voice reminded me.

"I know. I'm sorry." I apologized.

"Don't apologize. Let's get to work." He said turning to walk ahead as I followed him.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"The training centre" he said.

"Like the gym?" I asked.

"No, the training centre. It's not just a place where you pull weights up or go for a ten minute run on the thread-mill." He said.

"Then, what is it?" I asked.

"You'll see" he said.

This is nerve wrecking. Eventually, we arrived at the the training centre which looks a lot more like a mansion if you ask me.

As we arrived at the entrance, someone opened the door. The person made eye contact with him before letting us in. I'm guessing he knows that person.

Well, actually it seems like he knows everyone because as soon as we stepped in and walked through, every person in sight looked at him with respect clearly visible on their faces.

Who is he actually?

We made it to an area in the mansion that was filled with people training with different tools. Guns, knives, boxing, karate and what's so not.

"Care to explain why I'm here now?" I asked feeling intimidating.

"you'll practise here twice a week" He stated.

"Practise what?" I asked confused.

"you will learn how to fight and defend yourself" he said.

"Why? I don't get it."

"Because I don't trust you. And, for me to have a peace of mind—I need you to be able to protect my daughter." He said.

"It's been three months of our mariage. Have I given you any concerns? We are living well." I don't see why he wants me to learn that now.

"Don't ask. Just do as I tell you." He said.

"Dad" Fazal and Yusuf joined.

"Hey" Yusuf slightly punched my arm as a way of greeting me.

This man is way too strong for me.

"You okay bro?" Fazal asked.

"Yeah, why do I look not okay?" I asked in return.

"You surely do look concerned" he said.

Do I really? I won't lie. I don't know if I'll be able to handle all of this. I don't know if I'll be good enough, if I have the skills.

"But there's a condition," he added.

I waited for him to finish.

"Yasmina shouldn't know about any of this." He said.

I want to ask why but I'm sure he will ignore it or tell me to stop asking questions again.

"My sons will teach you. Good luck." He said before walking away.

"Let's get you changed into different clothes and then we'll shortly start" Fazal said as he and Yusuf made their way out of there and I followed them.

They made me change into gym clothes before going back to the training area. Fazal threw a pair of boxing gloves at me.

"Get in the ring." He ordered.

Panic began growing in me. I'm not ready to ruin my face and I've never done this before.