5- Main Character

Nathaniel's POV.

Why are the most uncommon things happening to me all at once? Like, since when have I become the main character?

To start off with, I make myself real friends and following my sister becomes friends with the girl I'm secretly crushing on?!

Not to forget that Olivia has been acting weird since last night when she came into my room and was looking through my library not saying a word. I know, nothing sounds abnormal but it is. She never comes into my room for no reason. It felt like she wanted to say something but wasn't able to.

And now, my crush knows about my illness and she's the only one that knows besides my sister and mother.

I was wrong to think I'd get hated or rejected if my truth was to come out. All I could see in her eyes was worry. She was worrying for me. And that, made my heart flutter.

After we had made our tent, I looked over at where my sister and Athena were realizing they were still in the process of making their tent.

"Let's go help the girls" Ahmed suggested before I could as we all agreed.

We made our way to them and proceeded to land them a hand.

"How old is your sister Nathan?" Shawn randomly asked me as Olivia looked at him.

"You can ask me directly. I'm his twin so we are the same age." Olivia replied for herself.

"Twin?!" they all seemed stunned.

"You guys look nothing alike" Sam commented.

"If you meant that I was perfect you could've just said it" Olivia's narcissistic side was starting to show.

"Love the confidence" Sam liked it though.

"Stop glaring at her Shawn. She won't be the next on your list" Athena spoke.

"I don't know what you're talking about" he was pretending not to know.

"It's okay. He can look, I can be irresistibly attractive to some people and that's okay" Olivia was adding some more.

We were done with their tent as well by now.

"Thanks for the help" Olivia thanked us.

"No worries, anytime" Shawn replied immediately sending a quick wink at her as she didn't even pay attention. She's hard to get but I feel like that will only draw him to keep on trying harder.

"Should we go explore the forest a bit to have an idea of what the hiking puzzle will look like tomorrow?" Ahmed proposed as we all agreed.

I can walk but not too fast and I can't run at all. I'll most likely be the last one behind all of them. It unfortunate because I know I can be faster but I can't risk anything. And, I promised mom and Athena I'd take care of myself.

I have my medication with me at all times just in case anything happens. Everything will be fine, I hope so.

We were walking all together two by two, side by side. I was in the back and Athena was beside me. Olivia and Shawn were in front following with Ahmed and Sam behind them.

"You don't have to walk slower because of me" I told her. She's slowing down her pace and I can see it.

"I'm not...I don't feel like speeding up anyway" I know she was making this up and it made me happy for some reason. For me, she was doing this. But, why?

"I've been thinking about it Nathaniel-"

"Call me Nathan please, we're friends" I said cutting her off. She always calls me by my full name. All the people that call me Nathan are usually the ones closer to me. Even if I haven't known her since forever, I still want to get to know her more.