17- Grudge

Nathan's POV.

This is either fate or pure coincidence but how did I end up working for her?

I was supposed to not see her ever again. I was supposed to try my best to forget about her.

But now, I'll be stuck with her. Even if technically I can still avoid her, I just know this is about to be bad. Ugh.

I cannot let my guard down. I can't be weak and sensitive. I have to show her.

I have to show that I'm perfectly fine without her. I have to show her that she doesn't matter to me. I have to show her that I have moved on for good. Even if it's a lie.

"Are you good?" I slightly flinched when Olivia popped my bubble.

"Yeah I'm okay" I lied.

"You don't seem to be which is weird because you literally got your internship at your first try. Isn't that amazing?! And, didn't you also said that you met a nice girl and you guys became friends as well? She got in with you as well right?!" she asked clearly more excited than me.

"Yeah" I confirmed.

"See! You got so many things to be happy about. So what's the long face for?" she asked.

"Just leave me alone would you?" I don't want to talk about it. It's already taking enough space in my brain.

"You know I won't stop bothering you until you tell me what's wrong" she said.

I let out a sigh. She's annoying.

"Olivia I really don't have time for you" I said hoping she'd drop it.

"You should be grateful you have a sister that actually cares for you" she's never going to stop.

"Where's your Shawn? Did he get tired of you already?" I know that will piss her off.

"Um excuse yourself. Shawn's busy preparing my birthday party— oh wait. OUR birthday party because we are twins. Technically, it's for me but since he's also your good friend—you can join I guess."she said all proud.

She's been dating him for almost five years now. Honestly, I genuinely think that they are perfect for each other.

"I won't be joining." I declined. I don't celebrate birthdays.

"Why? Is it going to be like that every year Nathan?" she asked sounding concerned and irritated.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Everything in your life relates to her and you know it. You're healed now. You should be going out, experiencing love, travelling, working on your dreams, doing all the shit you love. But instead, you're stuck on someone who has completely decided to wipe herself from our lives." She's right.

"Some people only come for a season and a reason Nathan. Holding on to an inexistant hope that they'll come back is...a waste of time." she added.

I don't like to celebrate because I feel lonely even when I'm not. I feel like a part of me is missing. Every time I tried to understand my heart, it has always told me the same thing. I miss her and I need her.

I should tell her that she's back in London. Or else, she'll eventually find out by herself and that won't go well.

"Athena is...back." I said it.

Her eyes went wide as she dropped her ice coffee making a huge mess. Well, the reaction is acceptable.

"You're shitting me..." she couldn't believe it.

"I'm not. She's also...my boss." I added.

"What the actual hell?!" she is about to loose it. I feel it.