6- Family

Athena's POV.

It's the last day on trip and I'm already missing it knowing this is the last experience all of us seniors get to have together other than prom which will take place near the end of the year and that is awaited for quite a while.

On my side, it's also a reality check once I get back home to what I like to call hell.

For the ending day, we were allowed to enjoy as much as we wanted and however we wanted.

I was sipping on my hot chocolate with Olivia near the fire while the guys were playing soccer. More like just sending the ball to each other carefully while playing truth or dare further away from us.

"I can't wait to go back already" Olivia said.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I had to take off my nails because of this trip. I'll get them done once we're back" she said looking at her nails.

I didn't know what to say because I've never touched makeup or anything related to girl stuff.

"Wait...don't tell me you never got your nails done before?" Olivia asked as I looked away.

She's really going to make me tell her everything about myself. I nodded no as she had her mouth wide open in shock.

"That's it. You're coming and getting your nails done with me once we're back" she stated.

"It's not necessary" I said. I don't have money to waste. My part time job money that I've been saving since my first year of high school is to finally be able to get my dream motorcycle.

I've always been using Shawn's brother's motorcycle instead. I get a free pass since I'm his friend and I'm just in love with it. However, it's not mine.

"Please! You have to!" she insisted.

"Olivia- I-"

"I proposed so i'll pay for it okay? But you have to come please" she still insisted.

"No you don't need to pay for me" I replied.

"Please Athena. Let me spoil you a bit" she said making a pout with her lips as I cringed looking away.

"fine" if that pleases her.

"Hey! Kind of getting tired. It's okay if I chill with you guys?" Nathan joined us taking a seat beside me.

"You're interrupting girls time just so you know" Olivia said.

"You should be glad I'm letting you hang out with MY friend in the first place" he said in a kind of possessive way. I felt weird for thinking this way.

"Wow. I never thought this was your real face" she replied dramatically.

"Can't believe it's the last day. It was my first time doing stuff like that" Nathan ignored her comment completely.

"I feel like you'll have a lot of first moments because of who you're hanging out with" Olivia stated.

I just feel like I am a third wheel. Olivia won't stop replying to her brother.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean the guys you hang out with. You're definitely going to have a glow up because they look good while you don't. No offence." she did not just diss him like that.

There was a moment of silence before he just ended this conversation with a "whatever".

I know she is his sister and that gets her to have rights none of us have but I could see how uncomfortable that comment made him feel. Perhaps, he wasn't really happy with how he looked like. I'm saying this because I've noticed how he is around people. He's nice and tries to get along but he can also be really quiet. Mostly when it comes to judging someone's outer appearance or life. And honestly, I think no one should say anything about others. Because, we have no idea what they could be going through.