4- Olivia

Athena's POV.

I know he will be against it. He's always thinking I'm out doing things behind his back.

He'll never let me out so far away from him. Damn it, why am I shaking?

I hate how overprotective and harsh he is towards me. Even when he asks me random questions like "have you eaten?" it feels like it's not real. Because later on, I'll be brought back to his same behaviour.

He pushes me so far away from him and then he pulls me back. He's the only family member that I have and I'm his only daughter yet he treats me like nothing.

I've been suffering for so many years. I don't know how to hold on anymore. I'm just scared and for what?

I'm scared to loose him because I have no other parent. I just want to be treated right and appreciated. Why can't he just do that for me as a parent? Why does he hate me so much?

What have I ever done to deserve all this?

I made my way to the living room with my shaky hands and heart not being able to control them.

He was on the couch, drinking like always while watching the tv.

"Dad" I said while standing not too far away from him.

He kept silence.

"There's this school trip-"

"No " he cuts me off.

"Can you just hear me out?" I begged.

He was silent once again.

"There's this field trip the school is organizing for all the students in my grade. I want to go." I said.

"No you can't go" he declined.

"But I want to" I insisted.

"And I said no. What the fuck do you not get? I don't trust boys your age and I don't trust you either" he said as I felt my heart breaking at his words.

"Please" I begged although I knew nothing would change his mind.

He got up as he stood tall over me staring at me. He was about to raise his hand on me when the doorbell rang. Thank god.

"Go open the fucking door" he ordered as I did.

I opened the door to face my neighbour, I know exactly why she's here. Again.

"Can I come in sweetie?" she asked me. I could tell that she was clearly under the influence of alcohol.

I let her in as she made her way to my dad and sat on his thigh.

"Go to your fucking room" he ordered me.

I made my way to my room before plugging my earphones in, the volume on full blast.

I'm so tired. I don't know for what specific reasons because the list is way too long but I'm so done.

Some times, I think that maybe if I was gone he would understand that I am his daughter.

I keep staring at the window in my room which is bigger than me. I stare at the shining moon while thinking if I'd get any kind of relief if I was to jump.

I don't feel like being here anymore. It's becoming overly tiring.

***

The next day, I grabbed my backpack and left while he was sound asleep with the landlord in his bed.

I know he will probably beat me to death once I'm back and I've fully accepted that. I'll just take it and bear it like I do every time.

However, this trip, I don't want to miss it for nothing.