Chapter 1: Victoria

RING...RING....RING

Her hand presses the button to shut it off. She gets up from the warmth of the blanket and heads to the bathroom. Her hair a little tussled by her rolling around in her bed at night.

The hot water hits her skin. She slowly wakes up as she thinks about today. Another day at her job, that she loves and hates. Mostly she hates her job because of her boss and some of the co-workers. She loves it because of the other co-workers and one specific person she loves.

She gets dressed. Her white jeans, her yellow top showing her midriff, her brown wavy hair stays down. She looks in the mirror to check out her look.

She slowly seeps into a deep thought while looking in the mirror

but her phone rings.

"Hello? Mom, I'm fine....Yes, I won't forget; I promise.... I'll see you Friday.... I love you too....bye."

She sighs as she gathers her stuff and walks out the door.

---------------------------------------------------------

She walks through the doors of her workplace. She walks past the front desk. The secretary and friend, Mary, looks up from her work.

"Good morning Victoria, I got something for you." Mary smiles as she sets the breakfast bagel and coffee on the top desk.

"Mary, you are a lifesaver and thank you so much. I owe you." Victoria gushes

"Oh shush, it was no problem. Say hi to Stefan and Colin for me. Have a great day."

"I will and you too." Victoria smiles as she heads to the elevator.

She gets to her floor and heads to her desk. The boys fall to their feet when they see her, they stutter a hi hoping they will be noticed. She was always kind to them, but her demeanor changes when they become cold.

As she goes to sit down at her desk. A little white box with a pink bow sat on her desk. Her lips fail to hide her smile as she knew exactly who it was from.

"Like the gift?" A nasally, gruff voice asked. She turned around and see her co-worker.

Colin Ritman

"You know I do. Each and everytime. What's it this time?" Victoria asks as she hugs him.

"Open it and see." He puts the rolled blunt back in his mouth as she watches her open the box.

She cautiously takes off the bow and sees the her favorite baked good pastry in the box. A Cinnamon Social Slice. She was ecstatic and turns around to face him.

"Thank you Colin, you shouldn't have." She looks up at him

"You know I want to, besides who else is going to spoil you like I do?" Colin takes the roll out of his mouth and looks at her intently. His eyes looking up and down her body. Finally, his eyes meeting hers.

Her smile softens as she looks at him. His eyes gazing into hers as he stands in front of her. A returning familiar feeling flows around the two. Colin's hand slightly touching her hand, and his body inching closer to hers.

"Colin-" Unfortunately, she was interrupted.

"Oi! Colin! My office please." Thaukr shouts from his office door. The door closes behind him and Colin let's out an annoyed sigh. Her disappointment settles as she looks to the ground.

"Duty calls. Talk later?" Colin asks

"Yeah, definitely." Victoria mutters

Colin nods his head as he heads into his boss's office. Victoria sits at her desk with a exasperated sigh and her head rests on the desk.

A comforting hand rests on her shoulder, she looks up and sees a sleepy Stefan with a tired smile.

"Got interrupted?" Stefan laughs

"Yeah, besides what is with Thaukr on Colin's ass now? Also, late night?" Victoria looks to the coffee in his hands.

"You have no idea, I had to finish a game. Thaukr wanted it by today at 5 p.m. Anyways, tell me about you and Colin."

Victoria looks to the window of her bosses office. Seeing an annoyed Colin sitting on his desk.

"There isn't much to say."

---------------------------------------------------------

Towards the end of the day, Victoria worked tirelessly on her game. Stefan would help her relax during breaks while Colin got her lunch. Thaukr steps out of his office and clasps his hands together, his voice booming through the room

"Listen up everyone, tomorrow we are going to have Hudson Rivera, famous game developer, next week for a visit. Please don't embarrass me or there will be a one on one talk with me and I don't want that. Goodnight." He goes back into his office.

"Like he knows anything. Anyways, I better go." Stefan says as he gets his coat and leaves.

Victoria saves her data and shuts down her computer. She gathers her things and feels two hands moving up and down her arms. His breath on her neck sending slight shivers down her spine.

"How about we head to my place? We can hangout and order pizza. Just like old times." Colin slightly whispers to her.

She looks up at him and their eyes meet. His blue eyes staring into her brown ones.

She smiles and looks down "Sounds great."

"Good, let's go" Colin says as he grabs his things.

She grabs her jacket and grabs her stuff. He grabs his coat and they both head out the door.

---------------------------------------------------------

They walk in the cold, crisp, night air. His arm snaking around her waist and pulling her close. She leans and lays her on his shoulder.

"How's your game coming along for this developer?" Colin asks.

"It's okay, but I really don't think I need to impress anyone. It's stupid for me."

"Yeah, but Stefan would win for sure. He's got quite the talent." Colin says as he smokes one of the rolled papers.

"Aww, Colin Ritman finally compliments someone." Victoria teases

Colin playfully rolls his eyes and fails to hide a smile. He presses a kiss to her head.

"Well don't get use to it. It's a one-time thing."

"Riight." She laughs and notices that Colin is staring. A smile still on his face.

"See something you like, Ritman?" She says teasingly with a playful smirk on her face.

Colin looks away with a chuckle. He takes the blunt out of his mouth and blows the smoke in the air. His face inches away from hers. A smirk paints over his face as he backs Victoria into a wall. His hand next to her head. He leans in close and whispers in her ear.

"Forget like. I see everything I love."