Chapter 5: Meet the Davenports

The driver pulls into the driveway of the home of her family. As the driver helps her out, her heels hit the ground as she walks up the stairs.

As Victoria reaches the door of her family's estate, the door opens. A tall man with dark drown hair answers. His body leaning against the door ad he looks down at Victoria with a smile.

"Well hello, my famous baby sister. Welcome home, where we are finally free from the tyranny." Victoria's brother smiles as he bows and helps her up the stairs.

"Well hello to you too, Vixen. It's been a while. How was New York?" Victoria asks.

"As you would think. Filthy Americans. But not all of them were bad though. How's working at Tuckersoft?"

"It's going okay."

"You and Colin?" Vixen asks

"...Nothing really. He moved on." Victoria says with sadness in her tone.

Vixen wraps Victoria in a hug. "But I bet he misses you. But let's just celebrate and enjoy the moment. Finally free from our old man and maybe you could explain to Colin why you left."

"I could try if he let's me explain, which is unlikely of him. But let's just celebrate." Victoria says as they make their way to the dining room.

---------------------------------------------------------

The sound of laughter and glass clattering becomes louder as Vixen and Victoria both step into the dining room. Victoria and Vixen's mother, Veronica sits at the table with their uncle, cousins, and aunts.

"Ahh, Victoria! Welcome home, honey. We've missed you so much!" Veronica sets down her wine glass and goes to Victoria. She holds her daughter in a warm embrace, Victoria embraces her back.

"Nice to see you, mother. And it's great to see you all everyone." Victoria says as she acknowledges everyone.

"Victoria, lovely to see you. All grown up and looking lovely as usual." Victoria's aunt, Tamika, says.

"And congratulations on the new game, Aunt Veronica bought it for us all to play tonight. The one thing we can finally do without your father's approval." Victoria's cousin, Raymond says.

"Thank you. And yeah, I'm excited to show you all. And yeah, dad wasn't my best fan." Victoria says as she sits down.

---------------------------------------------------------

The family enjoys there dinner and have some great conversation. Vixen stands up and raises his champagne glass.

"A toast to tonight. May he finally leaves us the hell alone and stop meddling in our lives."

Everyone in the room cheers, including Victoria as she downs her glass of champagne. As the dessert was brought out, everyone was focused on Victoria and her life.

"I never got to apologize Victoria, I should've stopped him. Your father went too far making you move away." Veronica pleads.

"Mother, it's okay. He knew how to threaten someone. Especially ruin someone's love life." Victoria says as she eats the dessert.

Veronica and everyone else looked confused and looked to Vixen. He shakes his head.

"I really like the boy, you know. Your father was always a classist and picky when it came to you and Vixen's dating lives. I'm hoping you two can work it out." Veronica says as she places a hand on her daughter's hand.

" Thanks mother. But I doubt it's going to happen."

---------------------------------------------------------