Chapter 7 - The Morning After

As the group waits for Mohan to come in the building, Stefan is panicking. Mary tries to console him. Colin anxiously bounces his leg and checks his watch. Victoria sits at her desk, her mind in deep thought at the conversation with Colin last night.

Her mind keeps replaying what he said. She twirls the pen around her finger. She looks to him and he looks up at her. She offers him a small smile in which he gives back.

Soon, Thakur walks in and the group rushes over to him. He turns to see the group pushing him into the office.

"What in the bloody blazes do you think you all are doing? Aren't you guys suppose to work?" Thakur says impatiently

"We have something to tell you and show you, sir." Mary says nervously

"Well? Out with it. Stefan try not to pass out, Mate." Thakur says

"Well, we lost the flash drive. We'll not lost, but someone stole it." Colin says bluntly.

Thakur looks at the group, his eyes widen and his mouth agape.

"Mr. Thakur, please say something." Stefan pleads.

Thaukr's face reddens in anger. Colin grabs Victoria by her waist and moves her behind him. Stefan and Mary move back.

"WHAT?!?!?!?" Thakur shouts.

"Hudson Rivera stole it. We have proof." Mary cautiously steps foward and shows him the surveillance footage of yesterday.

"I don't believe this. That was our one-way ticket to raise up this company. Now it's gone."

"Not technically, we could get it back. He hasn't announced it yet, so we might have a chance." Victoria says optimistically.

"How? It's in his hands now." Thakur says

"Well, if you haven't noticed, we do have someone who he is attracted to." Colin looks to Victoria. So does everyone else.

"Fine. What do I have to do? " Victoria says.

"Wasn't expecting you to agree so fast." Colin mutters

Victoria rolls her eyes and looks to Mary.

"Well you would have to get close to him. Enough for him to trust you and be close to you. Probably enough for you to get the flash drive. You can't make it too obvious." Mary says

"Thank you, Victoria." Thakur says appreciatively

"No problem. I'll call him now." Victoria steps out the office and goes to the supply closet.

---------------------------------------------------------

She dials Hudson's number and thinks of what she will say.

His voice takes her out of her thoughts.

"Hello?"

"Hudson! Hey, what are you doing tomorrow night?" Victoria asks in her flirty tone.

"Well, if I'm being honest darling, I'm free. Did you have something in mind?"

She could hear his smirk through the phone. She internally rolls her eyes and keeps going with the conversation.

"Well maybe we could get some dinner tomorrow night."

"Of course, how about I pick you up tomorrow at 7? Does that work for you."

"Of course, can't wait to see you. Just call me when you leave your home so I can tell you how to get to mine." Victoria hangs up and phone and goes to leave but someone pushes her gently back in and joins her.

"Colin what the fu-"

"So you are going on a date?" Colin says nonchalant, not trying to give Victoria's satisfaction of his jealousy.

"It's not a real date you know. I'm just doing it to save the company and save our asses from losing our jobs." Victoria says as she steps towards him.

Colin takes in a deep breath, trying to rid his frustration "If he touches you-"

"He won't...not unless I allow him to." She said innocently

"Victoria." Colin said authoritative

"Okay, okay. But I can't promise anything."

Out of nowhere, he wraps his arm around her. Hugging her tight. She wraps an arms around his neck. Her head resting on his chest, feeling the rhythm of his heartbeat. They stay like that for a while.

They pull back and look into each other's eyes. They lean forward and their lips meet into a soft, gentle kiss.

As they pull back again, He rests his forehead against hers. His fingers running through her hair.

"There's something I have to tell you Victoria. Something important." Colin says

She sees the sadness in his eyes. She steps away. "What's going on?"

Before Colin could say anything, a voice shouts out. She realizes it's Stefan "Victoria?! Victoria!"

Colin rolls his eyes at the interruption. "I'll tell you later. We should go." She nods and leaves the supply closet and goes to Stefan.

"I talked with Hudson, I'm meeting him tomorrow night at 7 for dinner. I'll let you know if I find out anything." Victoria tells Stefan.

"Okay, let us know what you find. I'm hoping we can get the flash drive." Stefan says worried.

"We won't let him get away with this. I promise."