Chapter 6: The Flash Drive

Colin and Victoria arrive at Stefan's house after some time. Victoria knocks on the door and an older man answers it.

"Hello, can I help you?" The older man said.

"Mr. Butler, I'm Colin Ritman and this is Victoria Davenport. Stefan called us here to discuss something about work." Colin says fast

"Well, okay. Come in. His room is upstairs second door to your left." Mr. Butler says

"Thank you." Victoria says quickly as they rush to Stefan's room.

---------------------------------------------------------

Victoria and Colin walk in his room and see the mess he made. Stefan is frantically looking through files and under stuff. His hands shaking and his eyes darting to each corner of the room.

"I've lost it and he's going to kill me." Stefan says

"Stefan, mate. Let's just calm down for a bit. Victoria, distract him. I'll try to find the flash drive." Colin says as he tries cleaning up and looking for the flash drive.

Victoria sits him on the bed and sits next to him "Stefan, how was the date with Mary?"

"We had coffee and talked. We were near the fireplace." Stefan says quickly, seeming to calm down a bit.

"Ooo the fireplace, seems romantic. What else?" Victoria gushes

"We ate some of the pastries there and we...held hands." Stefan says calmly

"Awww, look at you. You two are cute. How do you feel now?" Victoria asks

"I feel a little worried and stressed. I don't understand it. I always kept it in my bag and worked on it at the office. I couldn't have losted it." Stefan says.

"We'll find it. Don't worry Stefan. It has to be close by. When was the last place you had it?" Victoria asked

"At the office. I was working on it during the contest before I was called in." Stefan says.

"Well it isn't here. I sweeped through everything a second time. Did you happen to misplace it?" Colin asks.

"I don't know. Thakur is going to kill me" Stefan panic begins to rise again. He goes downstairs.

Colin sighs and sits on the other side of the bed. Victoria turns and goes to him. She lays her head on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Victoria asks.

Colin doesn't respond. He was deep into thought. Victoria gets up and stands in front of him. She kneels down to his level, meeting his eyes.

"We'll find it, Colin. I know we will." Victoria reassures.

"How can you be so sure? What if it is gone? We would lose everything. Even our jobs. Not just us but our other co-workers too. Tuckersoft will fall into the ground." Colin rants, a hint of sadness in his tone.

Victoria takes his hand in hers and looks to him "We won't let that happen. Let's just help Stefan retrace his steps and figure out something. Maybe he left it at the office or in the cafe."

Colin nods and helps Victoria stand up. "You're such an optimistic. It sometimes makes me sick." Colin jokes.

Victoria laughs "Yeah, whatever mister. You know you love it." She leaves the room and goes back downstairs to Stefan.

He knows he does. He misses it even more. He follows in pursuit. The 3 programmers got in Colin's car and drove to Stefan's last known locations.

---------------------------------------------------------