Chapter 9: Expect the Unexpected

Victoria lays in her bed, even after the sun rises. Her eyes red and puffy, her nose a little red too. Tissues scattered everywhere. She doesn't move,

Soon, there is a knock on the door. Victoria groans as she gets up and opens the door. There standing her mother.

"Oh my. Victoria, dear, what's the matter?" Veronica asks as she holds her daughter's hand.

Victoria looks to her mother and she begins to cry again, she falls into her mother's arms both of them on the floor. She weeps.

Another pair of footsteps walk up the stairs and to the door. Victoria sees through her blurry, tear filled eyes that it's Vixen

"Victoria?" Vixen closes the door and locks it. He helps Victoria and his mother up and let's his little sister hug him tight. He rubs her back gently.

"Victoria, what happened?" Vixen asks

"Colin." She states.

"What about Colin, dear?" Veronica asks

"Oh mother, he moved on and now they are going to have a child." Victoria cries as she lays on the couch.

Her mother sits down onnthe couch and rests Victoria's head in her lap. She strokes her daughter's hair gently, trying to soothe her. Vixen sits in the chair.

"What a shame. He was a kind fellow, really liked him. Victoria, I know how much you love him. But if he's moved on and has a child on the way, it might be a time to let go. I know it's hard, but the chapter must end."

"I was supposed to be with him. I was supposed to be the one pregnant. If father hadn't sent me away, none of this would've happened. Probably not with this mission thing for Tuckersoft." Victoria says softly.

"Mission? What mission?" Vixen asks.

"You know that famous, rich programmer? Hudson Rivera?" Victoria asks

Vixen nods his head and Victoria continues. "He stole a game idea that would help raise up Tuckersoft. A game that Thakur structured when he was a teenager. He caught him on the surveillance. So now, we have been trying to get it back."

"If he stole this game idea, he probably stole other games from other companies." Veronica says

"That's what I said. So I have to flirt and get close to him so I can get information and a way how we can get the flash drive back. He's having a party next week as a celebration on his 'new game', so I'm going as his date and keeping him distracted.

"Maybe I can help. if he's got a copy downloaded, I can hack into it and delete it." Vixen says proudly

"Great idea. The more the merrier." Victoria says

"And I can talk with some of those companies. Could give you some more insight. Everyone has dirty secrets, especially a dirty past." Veronica says bitterly.

"Thanks. But why are you two here?" Victoria asks

"Checking in on you and we also wanted to see your place. But I promise you Victoria, things will probably look up greatly for you." Veronica reassures.

"I hope your right. I should be going to work. I have to tell them what I learned from yesterday." Victoria says as she gets up from the couch.

"And we will do our own investigation. Good luck, Victoria. And if you need to get away, you are always welcomed home." Veronica hugs her daughter a last time before walking out.

"Just let me know when you need me." Vixen says

Victoria nods and watches her mother and brother leave. She goes to her bedroom and gets ready for the day. A not so joyous day.

---------------------------------------------------------

Victoria shows up to the office, she wears sunglasses to hide her red puffy eyes and wore her professional but chic clothing to try make everyone think she wasn't emotionally breaking down.

As she walks in, she heads to Thakur's office to meet with everyone

As she walks in, she heads to Thakur's office to meet with everyone. She sits in the chair and doesn't say a word to anyone. Mary, Stefan and Colin go to the office as well. Colin and Victoria don't say a word to each other.

"Okay, Victoria. Tell us, what happened at the dinner?" Thakur asks, listening actively

"He said he was announcing the game today at 3 pm. But not releasing it. He's throwing a party at his home, and releasing the game that next day. I'm going to the party as his date. Stefan and Mary can come along. My brother volunteered to help us. He could help rid the downloaded copy of the game." Victoria says, professionally.

"Excellent. I'll call you all back, when it's 3 pm. You all can go back to working in the meantime. Good work, Victoria." Thakur has hurriedly.

As they leave his office, Colin grabs Victoria's arm and leads her to the breakroom. He looks the door and takes off her sunglasses. She doesn't do anything to stop him. He sees the puffiness of her red eyes, his heart breaks.

"Victoria-"

She pushes him away. She does it again. She punches his chest out in anger. She cries as her punches grow weaker. Colin doesn't stop her, he let's her continue. Until she is on her knees sobbing, he wraps her in his arms.

"I'm sorry, Victoria." Colin says quietly

"...I love you Colin. I love you. And yet, you still continue to fucking hurt me. Piece by piece until there is nothing left." Victoria says quietly

"I do love you. I didn't even know. I found out the night when we were trying to find the flash drive. But we can still make it work, I'll just leave." Colin pleads

"I'm not going to be the reason why your child grows up without a father. A pretty great one too." Victoria says sadly

"What are you saying, Victoria? Please tell me you're not going to say what I think your going to say." Colin pleads as his eyes fill with tears.

"We should end things, Colin. Completely. Just end the chapter. Close it for good." Victoria says, her voice breaking.

Colin sits there stunned, tears spilling down his face. She hugs him tight and whispers in his ear "Maybe in another life. Just not this one."

She stands up and goes to the door. Their eyes meet, nothing but sadness and heartbreak filling the room. They both says to each other, "I love you."

And she walks out the door.

Closing the chapter between the two of them.