Chapter 3: Hudson Rivera

Victoria ignored Colin the next few days.

No hellos.

No flirting.

No banter.

Nothing.

Colin tries his best to talk to her but she doesn't listen. Stefan became worried about his two friends and goes to Colin in the breakroom.

As Colin pours his coffee, Stefan stands next to him. "Colin, what happened? You two aren't being yourselves." Stefan asks worryingly.

Colin does a deep sigh and explains last week to Stefan. Explaining the kiss, his girlfriend walking in and when Victoria left.

"You motherfu-"

"Okay, alright. I get it. I really don't need that again." Colin says annoyed

"Again? Who told you this?" Stefan asks.

"Mary. She is Victoria's best friend. Your favorite girl too." Colin says while lighting up the roll. He looks to Stefan. Stefan's face flushed with pink.

"Moving on. Hudson Rivera is coming today. He'll be here soon. Thakur has been on edge lately." Stefan says as he looks towards the office.

"Well, good luck with your game. You are creative for it." Colin compliments.

"Thanks Colin." Stefan says confused.

Colin makes his way to his desk and Victoria is at hers. She focuses on making the game and finishing her coding. Colin heaves a sigh as he sets the coffee on his desk and grabs Victoria by her arm.

"What the fuck, Ritman!" Victoria says out of shock.

He leads her to a supply closet and shuts the door. He locks it.

"This is the only way I could get you to talk to me. Please Victoria, I never lied what I said. I do love you." Colin says desperately

"So you love me but still have a girlfriend, Colin?" Victoria says angrily

"We broke up and you moved away! I didn't think you were coming back. You never told me why you left." Colin says.

"Yeah, we did break up. But you can't tell me you love me but still have a whole ass girlfriend with you. You pick one, not both."

"This is utterly ridiculous. We aren't together, Victoria! We never established that we made up. Yeah, I moved on! Because you left me here!" Colin gets frustrated more and more as the argument wears on.

As Victoria yells at him more, Colin pushes her against the wall and covers her mouth.

"Just calm the fuck down, please. Will you do that, Victoria?" Colin says calmly.

Colin eyes look into hers. She reluctantly nods, still glaring at him. He moves his hand away from her mouth.

"Just think about what I said. Please. You know I never lie about what i say. I truly do love you. I just wish you would've stayed. Maybe things would've been different." Colin says as he leaves the supply closet.

Victoria is left stunned and angry. She takes some time calming down before she leaves the supply room. Thakur rushes to the elevator.

A young man with jet black hair, black t-shirt, jeans and a red blazer jacket walks out of it. Thaukr greets him excitedly.

"Mr. Rivera, hello! I'm Mohan Thakur and welcome to Tuckersoft. We are pleased to have you here." Thakur shakes his hand.

"Thanks for having me Mr. Thakur, I'm excited to see your contestants for the contest." Hudson says as he flashes his winning smile.

"Of course, I have 2 of them now. Follow me." Thakur leads Hudson to the work area. He goes to Colin and Stefan's desk.

"Mr. Rivera, meet Stefan Butler and Colin Ritman. These are 2 programmers participating in the contest." Thakur introduced

"I'm very aware of them. Stefan, your game Bandersnatch was incredible. And Colin, I'm a big fan of your work. Utterly a genius." Hudson says cheerfully

"Thanks mate." Colin says nonchalant

"Moving on, we have another of our great programmers. Victoria, love, can you come here for a sec?" Thakur asks

Victoria sighs in annoyance and stands, she walks over to the group.

"Mr. Rivera, this is-"

"Victoria Davenport. It's so nice to meet you. Big fan of your work." Hudson says as he takes her hand and kisses it.

Colin's blood boils as he watches the scene. Stefan's anger is hidden well as he looks to Colin.

Victoria gives him a professional smile. "It's nice to meet you too. I hope of my colleague's game will be a winner."

"You're not doing the contest?" Hudson asks curiously

"No. She hates contests, she thinks it's just a way to humiliate people and crush their dreams." Colin answered.

Their eyes meet and Victoria can hear the hint of jealousy in his tone.

"Well then. Shall we discuss this more in my office before we start?" Thakur asks.

"Of course, but maybe Victoria can join us. I'll love to get to know her and maybe she can help." Hudson says never looking away from Victoria's eyes.

A slight blush creeps onto her face. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees Colin's hand go into a fist.

"Of course, if it's okay with her." Thakur says, a hint of plead in his voice.

"Sure. I'll love to join. I'll be there shortly." Victoria says still keeping it professional.

"Wonderful, don't keep me waiting too long." Hudson flirts. He slyly winks to Victoria as he walks with Thakur to his office.

"What a fucking bastard." Colin mutters as he lights the roll. He blows the smoke in the air.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Victoria asks

"Nothing, Davenport. Now go. You wouldn't want to keep him waiting." Colin mocks.

Victoria rolls her eyes as she walks away from her desk.

She mutters something for Colin to hear "Asshole."