Chapter 15: The Party

Thursday night.

The night to get the flash drive back once and for all.

At the family estate, Victoria gets into her dress and does her makeup. She does her hair and puts on the shoes. She looks in the mirror to make sure everything was right.

A

s she walks downstairs, Vixen and Veronica are at the bottom of the stairs. Veronica looks in awe of her daughter, Vixen smile and claps his hands.

"You always known how to make an entrance." Vixen jokes.

"Indeed, she does. You look stunning Victoria. Now let me get a picture of you two." Veronica grabs the camera.

"Mother, we really need to go." Victoria whines.

"Just one picture. Now pose, you two." Veronica says hurriedly

Vixen and Victoria reluctantly poses for the picture and they light flashes their eyes.

"Oh, how wonderful. Good luck, my darlings. You'll make me proud no matter what." Veronica hugs both of her children and bid them a good night.

Vixen grabs his computer and keys. "Okay, let's go meet the others."

Vixen goes to the car and as Victoria follows her mother stops her.

"Victoria, before you go can I talk to you for a minute?" Veronica asks

"Yeah, is this about your offer?" Victoria asks

"Yes, have you given it some thought? I didn't know if you actually meant it."

"I have, and I'll do it. I'll go to Paris and work at the new company. I'm proud, Mother. And I'm excited to work with you." Victoria says happily

"Thanks, Dear. And just know if something changes, you can always tell me. And if your passion isn't there, then you can come back here." Veronica says as she hugs her daughter

"Thanks, I think it won't but I'll remember it." Victoria gives her mother a smile and she walks out the door.

---------------------------------------------------------

Victoria and Vixen walk to the floor to meet with everyone. Their heads turn and the talking stop as they see Victoria. Victoria sees Colin's eyes wander and she fails to hide a smile.

"Well you look great, Victoria. Hudson will be by your side all night." Mary says.

Victoria smiles and hugs Mary. "Thanks and you look amazing too. Isn't that right, Stefan?" Victoria smirks

"Y-yeah she does. Um she looks absolutely captivating." Stefan stampers nervously.

Victoria tries he'd best to hide a giggle as Mary takes his hand. She catches Colin's eyes still on her, she places her hands on her hips. "What's going on in that mind of yours, Ritman?" Victoria asks.

"You look stunning. Really, you always looked good in blue." Colin says as his eyes met hers.

"Okay people, tonight is the night. Victoria keep him distracted. Same to you two Mary and Stefan. Me, Colin and Vixen will be at the building getting our flashdrive back and getting rid of the downloaded copy. If something goes wrong, we'll call. Let's go everyone." Thakur states as he walks to the elevator. And everyone else follows.

---------------------------------------------------------

The 3 friends walk in the door of the home. Music is loud, people are mingling and chattering amongst themselves, and there are servants handing out hor'dourves.

"Hudson may be a thief, but he knows how to throw a party." Stefan says as he looks around the golden colored wall room.

"You are definitely right." Victoria says as her eyes sweep around the room looking for Hudson.

"Victoria and friends!" A voice shouts

Victoria looks to her right to see Hudson walking towards her. A glass of champagne in one hand and flashing a flirty smile. He wraps an arm around Victoria's waist while handing her the glass. He extends his hand out to Stefan and Mary.

"Stefan and girlfriend. It's nice to see you two again." Hudson says as he shakes their hand.

"It's Mary. Her name is Mary." Stefan says coldly.

"Whoops, my bad. Anyway, you two enjoy the party. I need to steal Victoria for a moment." Hudson takes Victoria away and walks with her.

"Have you thought about what said at dinner? About you working for me?" Hudson asks

"I have-" Hudson interrupts Victoria

"I'm sure you have, I mean who wouldn't want to work for me. You'll be amazing. I'll make sure you have an office and-"

"Hudson. I haven't decided yet." Victoria asserts.

"Why not? I can't wait all day for an answer you know." Hudson says.

"Because I like working for my company. What the hell is going on with you?" Victoria asks, placing her hands on his waist.

"Well your company isn't going to be there forever. You have to at least have a backup." Hudson says. He grabs her hand and takes her to dance.

"Now, let's dance. We'll talk work later." Hudson wraps his arm around her waist and dances with her.

Victoria was internally rolling her eyes. She felt dirty that she even was doing this in the first place.

As she was dancing with the devil. His hand grips her waist tight, his voice in her ear. "Whatcha thinking about?"

"Nothing, just thinking about the job opportunity. I might consider working with you." Victoria says, trying to not make her going waver.

"Good, we'll make a good team. You and I." Hudson smirks as his hand drops lower.

She grabs his hand and squeezes it hard while still having a flirty smile on her face.

"Maybe later tonight, if your lucky. Right now, I need to check in on my friends." Victoria enchants him with her smile as she goes to find Stefan and Mary. She grabs a drink from the server.

She downs it and sets it on the counter. "Fucking douchebag."

---------------------------------------------------------

"Guys, is there any update on-" Victoria walks to them but stops when she sees them huddled together.

She goes to Mary and Stefan. She sees the panic look on their faces.

"What's going on?" Victoria asks the couple

Mary lowers the phone down "The boys called. Something went wrong."