Chapter 2: Our Past

Colin unlocks the door to his apartment. His interesting decor showed a side of him that Victoria knew already. Different but intriguing.

"Welcome back." Colin closes the door behind her and he shrugs off his jacket.

"Still the same, even when I was gone." Victoria takes off her jacket and Colin hangs it up for her.

She walks a few more steps and takes a good look of her surroundings. A fuzzy, warm feeling fills her body as she reminisces her time here with Colin. The kisses, the love, even their light-hearted conversations.

Colin finishes the phone call with the pizza place and he takes Victoria's hand and sits with her on the couch.

"I really missed you here, Victoria. I just wished things ended differently."

"As do I. I just wished you made the time for it." Victoria says as Colin opens his arms and she climbs into it. She rests her head on his chest as he plays with the locks of her hair.

"I tried, but I couldn't. I love what I do. We both love what we do and you moved away..." Colin says ejected.

Victoria looks to him and makes him look at her. "But I'm here now and I always will love you, Colin."

"And I will always love you, Victoria." Colin lifts her chin up and presses a kiss to her lips. She kisses him back. As they break away, their eyes burrow into each other's.

"You know what I missed most about you, Victoria?" Colin asked as his hand rests on her cheek.

"What?" Victoria says while she looks up to him.

"I missed the way you bright up the room. Your smile, humor, laughter, hell...even you just being here." Colin says.

Before Victoria could say anything, the door opens and Colin quickly backs up. A girl with orange hair and wild makeup walks in. She goes to Colin and kisses his cheek.

"Hello Babe, who's this?" The girl asks

Colin clears his throat "K-kitty. This is-"

"I'm his co-worker. Victoria. Nice to meet you." Victoria says with a tight smile. She glares to Colin.

"Nice to meet you too! I'm Kitty. Did you two needed to talk things out-"

"Oh...no. I just needed to discuss a game idea to him for a contest. I thought it would help him with his game." Victoria says trying to keep her voice from breaking.

"Vic-" Colin tries to reach for her.

"I have to go. Goodnight Ritman" Victoria spat as she gathers her things and leaves.

He had a girlfriend...

Was it all lies?....

---------------------------------------------------------

As she gets home, Victoria grabs a bottle of wine and a glass. She drinks while looking out the window, her tears rolling down her cheeks.

She was hurt but angry. She did what she would always do: called Mary.

Later, Victoria's doorbell rang. She opened the door to see Mary holding ice cream, a bottle of wine and a movie.

"Have I told you how much I loved you?" Victoria says

"All the time, girl. Now tell me exactly what happened."

Victoria explained everything from the morning, when her and Colin walked to his place and about his new girlfriend.

Mary was in a complete shock "That lying motherfu-"

"He told me he loved me, Mary. He kissed me...I feel like a fucking side chick."

"Hey, it's not your fault. And you did good for your exit. And you didn't know. He didn't fucking tell you. You both love each other...but maybe it's in another life." Mary says

Mary's words sunk into Victoria. She looks back to the movie. She starts thinking if all he said was lies or truths, but she doesn't know if it's either.

"Maybe your right....in another life."