7- Just Sex

"Are you fucking my brother?" Fuck. Yes. No. Once. How do I even respond. She's gonna think I wasn't literally coming up here to tell her. "No. I did, last night, well technically this morning. But it was a one time thing. I am never doing it again."

"You should." Did I hear that right? No fucking way did she just say that. "What?" She looks back to her phone, texting someone. Topper probably. "You should. You two would be cute together. I see the way he looks at you and the way you look at him. As much as you try to hide it."

"I do not look at him anyway. He's hot and so was the sex but you know better than anyone I don't do relationships Sarah." She rolls her eyes looking up from her phone back to me. "You're gonna get over it eventually. Go out with Rafe."

"Why do you want me to go out with Rafe so bad?" At this point I'm sitting down on her bed with her. "Because, you're good for him. As much as I hate my brother, he's better around you. And you're happy when you're with him. Like last month at the Country Club."

*

"Rafe put me down!" Rafe had picked me up and was spinning me around in circles. I couldn't stop laughing despite my complaints. "You're no fun!" He says as he put me down. I can't help but smile as he puts me down in front of him.

His hands are rested on my waist, my arms resting on his shoulders around his neck and we both have wild smiles on our faces. Like we were the only two people in the entire world.

"You made me dizzy." I said, still laughing. "I'm sorry. But I can't promise I wont do it again. I loved the way you laughed and smiled while I was spinning you around." Just then, my smile grew even bigger. And I genuinely couldn't help it.

He bit his lip and his eyes flickered down to my lips then back to my eyes. Just as he started leaning into kiss me someone called his name. "Rafe! Yo are you playin golf or what man?"

*

Fucking Topper. He ruined it. I wanted Rafe to kiss me, but I also didn't. I was so conflicted. I didn't want to be roped in because I knew what would happen. As much as I wanted to tell myself it would just be sex, I knew deep down I would fall for him.

"I don't do relationships." Is all I respond to Sarah. It's all I can say. I have to keep my guard up. I don't wand to end up like my mom. And with Rafe's temper it could happen.

"We'll see V. But I'm telling you, you two would be perfect. You'd really help him stay on track and be less of an asshole and he'd help loosen you up, help you let your guard down."

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. "That's exactly what I'm afraid of." She reaches her hand out for mine and squeezes it tightly. "I wouldn't have suggested it if I thought you were going to get hurt. But if you really don't want to, I completely understand."

This is one of the most sympathetic moments Sarah and I have ever had. Yea she was nice and we're friends, but most of the time, it's all about her. Now, it was about me. Which was different. I didn't mind. It felt good to feel her be genuine when she rarely was.

"We'll see. I'll start out with just sex and see where it goes. Because it was really good. Like really good Sarah. Especially for my first time. And I hate to admit it but he was really sweet about it. He wouldn't do it while I was drunk."

"Okay. Okay. That's sweet and all and I'm glad it was good, but girl I do not need to know how good my brother is in bed please and thank you. Now can we go dress shopping for mid-summers?"