8- Mid Summers

Sarah and I were getting ready for mid-summers together in her room. She was already in her dress, it was white and of course she looks beautiful. It wasn't nothing new. I was getting mine on now.

It was royal blue, it went down to my ankles. There was a slit in the left side that led all the way up to my hip. The chest was a deep v cut and the straps were spaghetti straps. I wore black block heels.

My dirty blonde hair went all the way down past my ass and it was curled. I rarely ever curled it, but it was a special occasion. I only had a bit of mascara and a warm pink lipstick on. I hated wearing makeup. It made me breakout and I didn't really think I needed makeup anyway. I didn't want to do a full face and look fake.

We walked downstairs and just as I do every year I get ready to walk out with the Camerons. Normally I walk out with Sarah but now she's with Topper so I was going to walk out with Wheezie, until Ward told me he had other plans.

"Hey V, Wheez is gonna walk out with Rose and I and Sarah with Topper, could you walk out with Rafe? It's good publicity and you're friends already so..." So of course I had to. "Uhm yea. Ok."

I walk over to Rafe was standing, literally gawking at me. "Hey pretty girl." Jesus. Fuck me again. No. This is not the time or place. "Did you orchestrate this Rafe?" He smiles and shakes his head.

"No I did not. But I am also not mad about it one bit." I roll my eyes even though I'm smiling like a fucking dumb-ass. Rafe bites his lip while eyeing my body. Looking over every inch of it.

He moves closer, his lips pressed to my ear and his hand settled on my ass before giving it a firm squeeze. "You look good enough to eat babygirl." He whispered into my ear.

His words, his breath, his touch, it made me weak. It sent a shiver down my spine and I took in a sharp breath. He saw the effect he had on me and he enjoyed it. So he continued.

"Would you like that? You want me to go down on you, huh? My tongue inside of you? You want me to make you come again?" I melted in his touch, but I couldn't really give into him. "It's time to walk out." I whispered back, despite how wet I had gotten.

We walked out with the rest of the family and it was a whole show as usual. Sarah ran off away from Topper to god knows where. She's been acting super dodgy lately. I literally hid from Rafe all night long.

He was constantly trying to find me but I needed a minute. I needed to get wasted and get away because I wasn't ready for what I knew was inevitable between us. Towards the end of the night I saw JJ dragged out and Rafe Topper and other Kooks yelling after him.

JJ and I were friends but we never let anyone know that because we were on the opposite end of the food chain and we'd both get shit for it. Rafe saw me and was coming over to me so I followed JJ.

We were outside the Cameron Estate and he started to walk away, no doubt heading towards either his or John B's house. "Hey Pogue!" I yelled after him. He turned around and smiled when he saw me.

Both of us were drunk off our asses. "Long time no see Kook Queen." He teases back. "Where're you headed?" I ask as we walk closer to one another. "I'm headed home."

I wanted to drown the thoughts of Rafe. I wanted him gone, at least for tonight. I didn't want to think about him. I didn't want to give in because it really did hurt me to think about being in a relationship.

Every relationship I've ever seen has ended bad. Fuck all the fairytale movie bullshit, this is real life. They don't work. And with Rafe's anger issues I didn't want the same thing to happen to me that did with my mom. So I was distracting myself. With JJ.

"Take me with you?"