13- Jelous

"Rafe!" I yell. I can tell he registers my voice because his shoulders ease up and he stopped. He yelled something but I couldn't really hear it over this pounding noise in my ears. It was my heart beating. Fast.

Rafe walked over to me and put his hands on my shoulders snapping me back to reality. Pope was off the ground now and already walking away. Topper was yelling at Rafe.

He didn't keep hit Pope. He didn't beat him, he shoved him on the ground and when I called his name, he just stopped. "Vienna? Baby, Look at me."

"Rafe why were you going to attack him? You can't do that just because he's a Pogue. He was clearly heading back to the cut." He looks at me and I can tell he's sorry now. He genuinely was.

"Rafe this isn't going to work if you're like this. No more beating up Pogues. No more fights. I know you're dealing so no more dealing."

"I'm sorry. Fuck. Baby I'm sorry. I promise no more. I-can we just go? I need to get out of here." I nod and rest my forehead against his for a moment. "Breath."

I could tell he was on the verge of a panic attack. He took a deep breath in then out. I kiss his forehead and hold his face in his hands looking into his eyes.

"Good?" He nods. "Okay let's go. We'll talk about it more when we get back to my house." He nods again and I take his hand leading him to the car.

The drive to my house is silent. His hands on my thigh and he keeps bouncing his knee up and down and he's looking out the window. I place my hand on his knee to keep it from shaking.

When we get to my house I go right to the kitchen. We haven't eaten since earlier and I was starving. "Do you want some pizza? I can just pop a frozen one in the oven."

"Yea. Please." I take the pizza out of the freezer and set it on the counter why the oven is preheating. He sits on a stool at the island and pulls me in his lap.

"Do you wanna tell me why you pushed Pope?" He looks away from me and I grab his jaw in his hand and make him look at me. "Rafe, you can talk to me."

"I don't know. I just get so mad when I see him or JJ or John B. Hell I even get mad when I see Key. I don't know why but I get so angry. I know I get mad at JJ because he likes you but..."

"They live life practically care free, or so it seems to you. They may be poor but they're happy. And you bust your ass 24/7 for your dads approval and you don't get it. You envy their 'simple' lifestyle."

"I-I don't..." I'm right in everything I just said. He just can't process it fully. Why on earth would he be jealous of Pogues? Because all of the reasons I just said and more.

They went through so much but we're still happy and  they had each other. Rafe wanted something like that. I saw All the shit they went through, but I still found myself wishing that I could switch places with them for just a day.

The oven goes off. I hop off his lap and put the pizza in then set the timer. When I'm done I grab his hand and pull him off the stool so he's standing in-front of me looking down at me.

I wrap my arms around his neck and his wrap around my waist. "I'm jealous of a bunch of Pogues." He chuckles.

"You are. But that doesn't mean you get it beat them up. And you have nothing to be jealous of because I will make you happy and you do not need your dads approval either because I am proud of you. You work so hard to get yourself in a good place Rafe."

"I'd be a mess without you." I stand up on my toes and give him a peck on the lips. "It's a good thing I'm not going anywhere."