Thirteen

Carly

It nagged Carly all morning that KP knew something. She knew there was something to know about them and he had that information. Her gut feelings were never wrong and it was time to figure out Nathen's mysteries. She quickly went to her locker to exchange her morning books for her afternoon ones to hurry to the lunchroom to find KP. After closing her locker, she was startled seeing a girl on the other side of the door that she didn't notice.

"Uh, hi."

"Oh, sorry, did I scare you?" The girl asked frantically.

"No, you didn't. You just surprised me." Carly told her. She studied the strange girl that stood before her. Her clothes were plain. Her short black hair was straight. There was nothing that screamed dangerous about her, but her suddenly showing up was very odd.

"Sorry about that. Hi, my name is Lodia. We have class together and you always sit alone. I saw you at your locker just now and I wanted to talk to you since you were new and didn't seem like you had anyone to talk with."

"I've never seen you in any of my classes before." Carly told her. She thought back to all her classes, and her face didn't register to any of them.

"Really? Well, you sit in the front and I sit in the back. You probably never noticed because I usually blend in and keep to myself. I'm kind of new here also. I came a couple weeks before you did. I hope you don't think I'm weird. I was just hoping that maybe we could be friends."

Lodia seemed innocent enough. She was forward like Nathen which kind of rubbed Carly the wrong way. She was the first person to ask if she wanted to be friends other than him. Having another girl to talk to would be nice.

"Um, sure. I don't see a problem with that." Lodia's face lit up with excitement.

"Where are you headed?" She asked.

"I was on my way to the lunchroom. If you were on your way too, then you can come with."

"I was! If you don't mind, sure I'll go with you. It beats walking in there on my own."

"I know the feeling." Carly said and they headed to the cafeteria.

"Oh, your bracelet is so pretty! Where'd you get it?" Lodia was looking at her wrist. Carly almost forgot she even had it. Seeing as its so-called magic didn't work, she hadn't been looking at it.

"A friend gave it to me."

"Your friend must be great. It has such a pretty glow to it!" Lodia said still looking at the bracelet. Carly took another look at it.

"It does? It looks kind of dull to me. It's just black and white."

"What do you mean dull? It has such a nice glow to it. Is this one of those lucky bracelets?" She asked.

"Yeah it is. Have you heard of it? My friend said it's supposed to bring peace or luck or something. I don't think that's really true though."

"Oh, I believe it's true alright. I've seen these before and they sure do work like magic. You just have to wait and see." Lodia told her. "I wish I had one to see if it will work on me."

"Well if it's as magical as you say, I guess you can put it on to see."

"Really? I promise I won't steal it or anything." Cary took it off and handed it to Lodia. She watched as she slipped it on and they entered the cafeteria. Carly looked to the back and saw KP standing in his usual spot. Then looked to where Nathen and Tom usually are. Nathen happened to be looking up at the same time. He waved motioning her over.