Nineteen

Nathen

"What happened?! Did you not reprogram it right?"

"I thought I did. I followed the procedure right." Tom started going over the paper work again.

"Why did it malfunction like this? Did you lower the output from 200 to 150 before the reboot?" He asked looking at the screen, "To reprogram the remote that's still controlling the people, it needs to be lowered so it won't be overloaded.

"I didn't. That must be it. It slipped my mind. I'm sorry, this will set the plan back."

"The pods weren't stable at the higher output. This error has all the host collapsing all over the place. If we don't fix this, they'll never be stable again."Nathen told him.

"I'll try it again." Tom headed to his laptop.

"Wait! You can't. If you try again so soon, half the people would die. The pods are for mind control and have synced with their brainwaves. If you shut it down now, they won't be able to handle it a second time."

"So what about the one that broke?"

"What do you mean broke?" Nathen looked to him.

"This here," Tom pointed to the computer monitor, "we just got a report showing one was completely destroyed on fifteenth." The area that one was at was close to where Carly lived. Tom told him he gave one to her father, so it could've been that one that was destroyed. And if that's the case, she'll really suspect something.

"That may be a problem. That person is probably out cold somewhere. Unless we shut this thing down for good they probably won't wake up anytime soon."

"This is going to raise suspicion if we don't figure something out fast." Tom thought.

"There's already suspicion. We've been jamming the radio wave that we originally had going that was blocking the mind. Some are still affected, some are not. I need to send out something that'll cause temporary memory loss."

"And that would be?" Tom asked.

"I don't know, but I know we have it. I just have to figure out what to use without affecting something else we're going to do. But if we're doing this, we should go ahead and plan on taking the girl next week. I got word recently that they're working on a new experiment, but they need me to complete it. The sooner we can go, the sooner we can begin our real project."

"You sure we should do it so suddenly?"

"What I have in mind to use will weaken KP, and while he's in that state, we can use Miku to get the girl and get her here."

"And what about that Lodia girl? She's probable going to help them." Tom reminded him she was still a possible threat.

"I already have plans for her." He told him. She might have been made by different people, but the structure has to be the same. If she's in the prototype phase, she still has errors. If she's anything like Miku, that flaw could come in handy

"I don't know if we should risk it." Tom was doubting his idea.

"Do you not trust we can do it? Did you forget what his people did to you?" Nathen reminded him, "Did you forget that if it weren't for me, your head would be sitting in a jar somewhere? They tested on you for their own selfish gains. And you want to let them get away with that? Almost being their lab rat?" Halfway through his hacking mission Nathen found him and set him free. All because Tom was at the wrong place at the wrong and was taken in.

"I have not forgotten this. What they did to me can never be reversed and will never be forgotten," Tom started, "you saved me and I will never forgive him or anyone associated with him. I believe we can take him out. I'll get straight to work on whatever needs to get done." Nathen could see the light of his determination return.

"That's more like it. Hopefully next week will be our comeback."