Sixteen

Nathen

"Why is this thing still malfunctioning? Didn't you check the wiring?" Nathen was stuck applying more medicine to his arm unable to clearly see what Tom was doing. It's been almost twenty four hours and his arm has barely shown signs of healing.

"The remote was working fine when I got it, so I can't figure out why it's not cooperating." Tom started looking at the error screen, "did you drop it or get it wet?"

"No I didn't. It did fall in the library, but that shouldn't have been hard enough for any damage. Wait-" Nathen looked up, "Carly tried to grab it and that bracelet wasn't letting her. The effect from the power of the bracelet must have clashed with the power of the remote. It has to be malfunctioning because of that."

"So what does that mean?" Tom asked.

"I don't know. When it touches our bodies it eats away at us like it did my arm. But when it touches something like the remote that's not a living thing, I don't know what's to become of it. Nothing is actually broken, just short circuiting."

"I'll do some research on the other computer to see if I can get an answer." Tom headed to grab his laptop.

"My arm isn't getting better so I can't do much right now and I'm almost out of the medicine."

"You poor thing."

"Who said that?!" Nathen turned to find the voice that spoke.

"You, you're that girl from River." He said seeing Lodia at the top of the stairs.

"Bingo." She sang as she jumped down to them.

"Nice place you got here. Reminds me of home. I was on a table just like that." Lodia was looking at the table Miku is strapped down to. For her to say she was on a table like that has to mean she isn't actually human.

"Just who are you?"

"I guess I can drop the act since you seem to have as well," Lodia spoke, "like her, my 'who' statues was removed. Now I'm a 'what'." She said referring to Miku.

"You're an android?" Nathen was in disbelief. He was told KP's people weren't creating androids yet. They had other projects they were building.

"But how? You're from River City, they aren't making you yet."

"K Pim isn't creating me yet. I was created illegally by some other doctors that do undercover work, so keep quiet," Lodia brought her fingers to her lips, "They don't know I escape- oops, I mean left for a little while."

"What do you want?" Nathen studied her. Now that he knows she isn't just an ordinary girl, she could only be here with a purpose.

"Nothing really. Just seeing the world from a new perspective. You should really talk with my owner, he could help you with this one. She doesn't look too stable. But who's to say I'm that much better. We're both just test dummies."

"You're still a prototype?" Tom said the words Nathen was thinking. She walked and talked perfectly. How is she not the real deal?

"He was supposed to do more test on me after I accidentally destroyed fifth street. But he'll have to wait until I go back."

"How did you find our location?" Tom asked.

"Oh, so it was supposed to be a secret? I don't know how K Pim hasn't found it yet. Whoopsie!" Lodia leaned over after a shot from Nathen's gun went passed her.

"Nathen! What was that for? You know you can't shoot that down here!" Tom shouted.

"This girl is no ordinary android. Not only has she found our base, she nearly destroyed half of River City and she escaped the lab she was in without problem. Your creator's name is Grey I'm sure of it. His lab had been under investigation for years. You're one of those forbidden types. I won't take you so lightly."