Fifteen

KP

"Can you believe he disappeared again?" Carly asked KP. He's not surprised Nathen didn't show up today with the state of his hand.

"I did go looking for him yesterday to make sure you all made it to and from the library. Nathen was never the perfect attendance student."

"Yeah, I can see that. Isn't there like an attendance policy here?" She asked.

"Truthfully, with the decline of students here, most of the faculty just care that you're still enrolled here and they have a job."

"The standards here aren't very high."

"Not anymore unfortunately. We hope one day it'll get better."

"That kind of reminds me. With Lodia showing up, I couldn't ask you again about him." She said.

"Carly is that you?" Both Carly and KP looked to see that Lodia girl showing up. He was relived seeing as she wanted to pick up where they left off yesterday morning. He wants to wait as long as he possibly can before telling her about Nathen.

"I thought that was you that said my name. And you're KP, right? You're the one from R.C."

"Yes I am. How are you doing this morning?" KP asked her.

"I'm just glad I ran into you guys this morning. I came early to find you. We have the same first period, so I was thinking we could go together."

"Uh, sure. I just have to go to my locker first." Carly told her. KP was really curious about this Lodia girl. She couldn't possibly be from River. The current population there is less than ten. And that's counting himself. Anyone else there are a part of the different lab station throughout the four branches.

"There's the warning bell." KP said as soon as it sounded. He can't have Carly questioning him while he's questioning Lodia.

Now more so than ever. Her eyes changed as the bell rang.

"We should get going then." Lodia said. The two of them took off. That eye glitch couldn't happen with any normal human. KP took out his phone to call Julie.

"Who's on the Westside?"

"That's Grey's hidden lab territory." She answered a bit confused.

"You're probably confused as to why I ask. There's this girl here claiming she's from the westside but it's to my understanding no residents are over there."

"There's been a rumor going around that prototypes from his lab have been escaping. Please be careful of them. She could be that undocumented resident I reported."

"That's it. I have to go." KP immediately hung up the phone. It's all coming to him now. She's not just from there. She was made there. She's one of the illegal humanoids Grey's lab has been secretively creating. They're meant to be created to test the limits of power carried by one person. She couldn't possibly be one. But that glitch in her eyes just might prove that she is. How did she get through without anyone knowing? KP can't let her stay here. He has to figure out how or why she's here.

"I'm so glad you're still here." KP was about to head in when Carly came back out.

"Hello, dad?" She said to her phone, "is she still out?"

"What's going on?" KP asked.

"Her father called and said her mother past out and won't wake up." Lodia told him.

"Dad, I'll come home. We can just take her ourselves." Carly said.

"What happened to your mother?"