Four

KP

"What happened?! You said the transfer was from Utah not Uptown!" KP fell silent after realizing how loud he'd gotten on the phone. He couldn't help it though. Miscommunication is his biggest vexation. He looked around the rooftop subconsciously to make sure he was alone. He knew Carly waited before she walked away, but she had no reason to follow him.

"I'm sorry sir, our sources were misinformed. The satellite connection was disturbed when we were retrieving our information. I believed it was tampered with which is why our communication systems went offline at that time." Julie has never steered KP wrong, so something must have happened for her to say that.

"Wait, that siren that was heard the other day. Did it have something to do with that?" He asked.

"We believe that was the cause of our system error."

"So, they think they've outsmarted me. To think that after a year, they're just as ready. But they mustn't forget that so am I. We can't let them get her." He told her. Julie might not be there in Midtown, but if it wasn't for her help, KP wouldn't have been able to keep Nathen and Tom contained so long.

"I'm always ready for your orders KP. We're already working on new designs and new forms of close combat equipment. We'll do our absolute best to get you whatever it is you may need."

"I'd expect nothing less." KP said and hung up the phone. It was no small task trying to fight two against one. But his tech was far more advance than theirs.

It looked and felt like a nice sunny day. A gentle breeze shook the trees in the distance. But as KP walked around the edge of the school's rooftop, he knew their had been a disturbance in the air. There was no question that Nathen and Tom has already made their acquaintance with Carly. Now it was time for him to do the same.

It's been a year since they've gone head to head seriously. They both have a history that goes back to childhood of fighting to save themselves and their people, so suddenly jumping back in to things wasn't a problem.

Apart of KP was bothered by being late on knowing she was there. That gives Nathen a small advantage. Not a huge one since he's only able to do so much with his limited resources. He went back into the school trying not to let it bother him since he will always have more of the home court advantage.

At the end of the day they'd all just like to go home, but KP knows he's not allowed to let them go yet. Not until he finds out their plans and what they're creating. They've already done irreversible damage to Midtown and River city. This downward spiral can't continue just yet.