Nine

KP

"Well sir, there is no guarantee that we can get it to you in such short notice, but we'll do our best." Julie tried to sound confident, but the uncertainty in her tone was overpowering.

"It is imperative that you get it here before tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll be getting everything else ready. You have to get it here today!" KP demanded. He doesn't mean to raise his voice to her. But he is the youngest member on the team and VP of the entire PIMs operation thanks to his father being the head of it all. If he didn't exact his authority over them, they wouldn't take him serious enough.

"Yes sir..." She said hesitantly. He knows he may be asking a lot on short notice, but he never knows what to expect from Nathen. He has to always be prepared. If he keeps using their newly produced weapons, it'll throw him off unable to counter it.

He didn't have to actually go back to school. He needed to get home. He got alert after alert saying someone was there. He wasn't expecting any packages, and from the images he received, he was sure it was Nathen in the blurry photos.

As he got closer to home, a smell that's been in the air got stronger. He looked up and noticed dark clouds coming dangerously close to where he lives. He got to his block and could see fire trucks all outside his house that was on fire.

"What is going on here?" KP ran up to one of the firemen.

"Someone called about a fire. Do you know the people that live here?"

"This is my house."

"Well it seems something caught fire after you left today. We believe it started in this front room here." He said.

KP looked around and saw his cameras torched; the side of his house was black and burning. The ash seemed fresh. That means it hasn't spread through the whole house yet. He could still save his elements. KP ran up to the door when another fireman came out the house and stopped him.

"Whoa there. You can't go in."

"This is my house. I have every right to go in."

"I'm sorry, but you can't go in. One of our guys pointed out something very dangerous in there. Like explosive dangerous. And without proper handling, it's going to get pretty serious."

"That's why you must let me enter. I have to retrieve everything before it's too late." He tried to pass him again. Most of his items are highly flammable. The fact that the whole neighborhood hasn't been wiped out yet is already a miracle.

"So those items belong to you then? Are you aware that you are holding on to some of the world's most illegal substances? We're going to have to call in some people and you're probably going to have to be taken downtown for some questioning." The fireman told him.

"This is really not the time." KP said to himself. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his syringe. It was a good thing he changed the needle thickness. The fireman was heavily padded.

"What are you doing?" He asked. KP reached for his coat and pulled him down to the ground. He moved his head and quickly insert the needle through his shirt and pressed down on the tube.

Not even five seconds passed before he stopped fighting. He stepped over him and began to search frantically for his reactants that were highly flammable first when he noticed a note on a table.

"some heatwave right?"

"So he was here." KP said. He bawled up the note and continued to gather his thing. He keeps most of his flammables behind a fireproof wall for cases like this. The only problem is getting them from there through the flames.

The fire reached the hallway blocking the back exit. He couldn't very well handle everything out the front with everyone there. He'll have to put part of the flames out to make a quick escape before the people they called get there and find him.

Nathen had never tried anything like this before. He was clearly planning something. Keeping up with him was like keeping up with a small child in a toy store. He's unstable and acts as such. If he only took the time to think before he acted, he might've been freed by now. But until KP figures out his goal, he can't let him go.