iii. 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝

"Scared him

"Scared him." El confirmed as she gapped at Peter, who's mouth was hung slightly after Max's explanation.

"No!" Peter cut in quickly with wide eyes, "Well, yes, yes, did scare me. But not- seriously? I mean, I read all about Barbara Holland, sweet girl by the way, and the lab and then, you know, your mom because my dad use to say she was crazy. And that was you, I mean, that was really you then."

"Jesus, invite us to the party." Max said sarcastically with a odd look.

"Believe us?" El asked him with a raise of her eyebrows. Max stood up to grab her radio across the room.

"Well, it makes perfect sense." Peter blinked, sitting up better as El gave him curious eyes, "There was so much going on last year between Barbara's death and then that crazy man talking about a little Russian weapon. That was you! And then the thing with your mama, my dad is a mouth breath, so now, yeah, I believe you."

El smiled at him, getting one back.

"Ready?" Max cut in, handing El the blindfold and laying the radio infront of her.

"Oh my god, i'm watching X-Man right infront of me." Peter gapped, crossing his legs across from El, "Should we even be in this room? Will it give, like, bad waves to us and we'll have aneurisms or something?"

"Is this really gonna work?" Max asked in questioning, eyes going wider. El nodded, tying the blind fold around her eyes, "Holy shit, this is insane."

"Shh." El cut in, "Both."

"Shh, we have to be quiet." Peter nudged Max quickly, "Shh."

"Shh." Max mocked him dramatically. The pair watched closely as El sat completely still behind the blind fold, the radio static before her.

"I see them." El spoke up. Max crawled on the ground next to her while Peter scooted infront of her more.

"What are they doing?" Max asked curiously.

"Eating." El said back.

"Typical." Peter shrugged.

"They say we are species." El spoke up a moments later, Max's jaw dropping in disbelief.

"Like reptiles?" Peter spoke up, "Thank god you broke up with him, that's so weird."

"Emotion, not logic." El added in from the boys words.

"What?" Max rose her voice in disbelief.

"God, that's worse then reptiles. You know, my dad doesn't let my mom come on property tours because of that exact reason. And i'm all like 'Dad, what's wrong with being emotional and logical at the same time?Most people act on emotions, my uncles a science teacher, I would know.' And then he just yells at me and says if I want to-" Peter stopped suddenly with El yanked the blind fold off, his eyes going wide, "I was talking too much. Sorry El."