xii. 𝐖𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐲, 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐲, 𝐞𝐠𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐲

"Okay, get her down

"Okay, get her down." Nancy spoke as she got ahold of all the medical supplies she'd need. Peter sat El down, her back against the shelf, having him go down and sit with her. "Okay. Lemme see."

Peter cringed when Nancy rolled up El's pant leg, the large hole in El's leg leaking terrible. Peter looked away and El gave an offended look. "Sorry, El, it isn't you."

"What- hey, hey, what are you doing?" Max cut Nancy off when she went to open the whips.

"I'm cleaning the wound." Nancy said back honestly as she looked back down at El's leg.

"No, first, we need to stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage." Max listed on seriously, nodding her head each time. "I skateboard. Trust me."

"Okay, well, let's get it in gear." Peter insisted quickly when he saw the pain on El's face, even though she'd been trying to hide it. Max pressed a gauze pad to El's leg, telling Peter to hold it in place. The boy cringed but did it, mentally trying not to gag. "Keep the pressure on it, nice and firm, okay?"

"Yup." was all Peter could say before shutting his mouth.

"We're gonna need water, soap." Max looked at Nancy and Jonathan as they nodded and headed off. The clatter of stuff falling made them look over, seeing Lucas had emptied his backpack with unnecessary supplies across the floor.

"Does any of this help?" he asked, looking down at the three with Will by his side.

Max gave a look of disbelief. "No. Go get me a washcloth and a bowl."

"A bowl?" he asked in disbelief.

"Lucas." the redhead huffed in response. Will smacked his arm, heading off quickly and leaving the remaining four.

"She should probably eat something, right?" Peter spoke up, looking at Max as his hand stayed clamped on El's wound. "Loosing all this blood will make her dizzy."

"Yeah, you're right." Max nodded, taking over his spot on holding El's leg.

Peter stood up, looking down at El. "I'll be back."

She nodded, Peter passing Mike as he overheard Max telling him to hold the bandage while she went to search for Lucas. Peter had set off with one thing in mind, coming across the freezer first. Pulling it open, he grabbing hold of the second, because he never trusted the first, thing of egos.

He went toward the kitchen section, eyes scanning over each of the shelves. Reaching onto the top, the Clarke boy grabbed the toaster and secured it tightly under his arm. The paper plates not too far, syrup and whip cream basically falling in gaze on his way to the counter. Throwing all the stuff onto the check out section, he leaned down and unplugged the landline in the front.

Peter popped the egos into the brand new toaster, making sure to get a plate ready. He hummed slightly to himself as he waited. Peter looked out of the window at the night sky, the town empty, all at the carnival. He hoped Wesley had found friends to hang out with this summer and had ran away for a while. Their parents clearly knew he was okay or else there'd be police calls. They had to know it was coming though, after keeping him sheltered from everyone else in fear of their reputation being ruined, they had to know he'd make a run for it sooner or later.