xi. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐧

"He said he was building something

"He said he was building something." El told the ground as they sat together on the couch. When the smell of mangos and dragonfruit filled her nose, she looked behind her and saw Peter was behind her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "That it was all for me."

"Building something?" Max asked before looking over toward Nancy. "Is he talking about the flayed?"

"He must be." the oldest Wheeler said honestly.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas nodded as he paced slightly.

"But all for El?" Peter spoke up, because that had stood out most.

"He's building it to spread." Mike nodded alongside his words.

"To stop Eleven." Will finished the confirmation.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike nodded his head, dark eyes darting around the room.

"Like, royally." Lucas added alongside his words.

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way-"Mike began, being cut off.

"Game over." Lucas confirmed.

"El is the only thing in his way now, then. He knows she can stop him, put an end to it again." Peter confirmed with Mike and Will. "That could be a good thing though, right? Not that it's coming after her, but he knows she's a threat. That she has a chance to end it."

"He also said that he was gonna kill all of you." El added.

Peters face fell. "Well, okay."

"Thats nice." Max spoke as she looked forward again.

Nancy's body gave a shutter, leaning off the wall and walking near the window. "Do you guys hear that?"

They all went silent to listen to what she's been talking about before Jonathan spoke up. "It's just the fireworks."

"Billy." Nancy spoke as she spun around to El. "When he told you this, it was here, in this room?"

El nodded her head.

Peter looked at Nancy. "That means he could know."

"Know what?" Max turned back to them, the loud noise over filling the cabin as they each looked up alarmed.

"He knows we're here." Will confirmed for them, his hand placed on the back of his neck. Peter hurried around the couch, following Nancy and Jonathan out the door while the party trailed behind the three. Walking down the steps of the cabin, the group all looked at the rustling trees, the Mind Flayer before them screeched loudly their way.

"Back in, back in!" Peter announced, gasping hold of El and pulling her back into the cabin.

"We need to block the walls." Mike nodded as they all searched for wood, nails, anything that they could use to baracate themselves in Hoppers cabin.

"I got this end." Lucas said as him and Peter turned the couch to push against the final window.

Peter love tapped his arm. "Thanks, man."

"Okay, get away from the windows." Nancy called quickly, grabbing the shot gun as the duo, along with Mike from the other side, backed away quickly. The group all huddled together, Peter position between El and Max as he looked around alarmed. The lamp squeaked, heavy breathing going through the room, dishes began to shake, the electricity flickered.

"It's close." Will confirmed for them.

Looking up, Peter tried to find the source of the rumbling. He had the theory it had been right above them, then again he wasn't even sure if it made it to them yet. A cup broke from the kitchen, making Max speak up. "Where'd it go?"

The rumbling was gone, nothing was moving.

Peter let out a yell when a claw shot through the window. Max grabbed his arm alongside Lucas, Peter grabbing El as the four all backed up against the wall. The claw was coming straight toward them before Jonathan lunged forward, hitting the axe into the claw a few times before it threw him back into the wall.

Nancy shot it before it had the chance to get Jonathan, shrieking at her but she continued to shoot at it. Running out of bullets, the oldest Wheeler backed against the wall as the claw went straight for her. El hurried forward, using her power to stop it, holding it in place.

It slowly began to retreat backwards under Els hold. The Hopper girl swung her hand down, yanking the head of the claw off. The rest for the body shrieked, flying out of the window and past Max. Peter grabbed the redheads arm and pulled her closer toward the group and farthest from the windows.

Before he got her complete over, another claw shot out. The pair ducked quickly, El using her power on this one as well. Another shot from the other wall, both her hands occupied. Peter gapped, jaw hung with eyes wide as El let out a yell, yanking her arms inwards and taking the top half of the claws off.

Before anyone had time to react, The Mind Flayer broke the cabin ceiling and had hold of El's leg, pulling her. Peter panicked. "El!"

He ran forward, grabbing ahold of her forearms tightly and trying to yank her away. Max, Will, Lucas, and Mike ran forward to help him.

"Nancy, shoot it!" Jonathan yelled as El gave a scream of pain, the party and Peter all holding onto her with all they had. Nancy shot upwards at the creature, not doing much at all but giving Peter enough time to re place his hands on El's shoulders to pull her back down to them more.

Lucas grabbed the axe, running forward and chopping at the claw, that seemed to be its tongue, pulling El up. He hit it a good few times, Nancy shooting at it as well. The teens feet began to slip on the rug as The Mind Flayer was nearly taking them all with El. Lucas gave a final chop, breaking El free as she collapsed onto them.

Peter broke her fall, holding her as his back hit the cabin floor.

"El! Are you okay?" Mike called as he sat up, getting a nod from the barley moving girl. Peter helped her sit up, Mike grabbing the claw part that was still attached to El's leg, yanking it as she cried out in pure pain.

"Dude!" Peter yelled at him, slapping him rather hard in the shoulder. Peter stood up, the creature roaring from the hole in the ceiling. El began to stand, Peter reaching down to pull her upwards so she didn't have to put too much strength into herself. She leaned against him as he held her up right, throwing both her arms out with a loud yell, ripping The Mind Flayer to shreds above them.

"Go, go, go!" Nancy yelled. Peter wrapped El's arm around him, taking his chances and lifting her up so they could get to the car faster.

kylie speaks

kinda a short chapter,
i'm sorry!!
but, i had a dream about
peter last night and he smelt
just like this candle i saw at
the store the other day so i
ran to go get it this morning
AND IT WAS MANGO AND
DRAGONFRUIT SO I HAD
TO WRITE IT IN!

kinda a short chapter, i'm sorry!! but, i had a dream aboutpeter last night and he smeltjust like this candle i saw atthe store the other day so i ran to go get it this morningAND IT WAS MANGO ANDDRAGONFRUIT SO I HAD TO WRITE IT IN!