ix. 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐢 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐫?

The group attempted to sneak past the woman in the front desk, failing miserably as she stopped the phone call

The group attempted to sneak past the woman in the front desk, failing miserably as she stopped the phone call. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Excuse me! Where do you think you're going?"

Nancy turned around with her best forced, good girl smile. "Oh, um. I was just going to visit my grandma again. And-and this is my family."

The nurse gave a look of disbelief toward Lucas as he grinned. "Extended."

"I don't care who they are. You know the rules. Two visitors at a time." the nurse shook her head at the group, eyeing each of them suspiciously.

"Yeah, but-" Nancy began.

"Two!" she rose her voice.

"Y'all can go. I will stay, I hate hospitals." Peter nodded his head as he looked over at Nancy. The Wheeler girl nodded, her and Jonathan hurrying away and leaving the teens alone.

"Why do you hate hospitals?" El asked as she joined Peters side on the wall together.

"What's to like about them?" he looked around with an uneasy look. "They smell weird. People die here. Usually the nurses are mean. Bunch of needles. Bunch of blood. Bunch of tubes. Not my scene."

"Scene?" El gave him an odd look.

"Yeah, like, not somewhere I want to be." Peter turned to meet her eye with a half grin. "Not my scene."

El looked around. "Kinda my scene."

"You like hospitals?" Peter asked her oddly.

"Lived in... lab." El explained in slight confusion. "Like hospital."

Peter saw the faint look in her eye, reaching over and lacing her hand with his. El met his eye as Peter smiled. "It's not your scene either."

El grinned with a nod. "Doesn't blow my mind."

Peter laughed. "Doesn't blow my mind either."

"Oh, come on, you piece of shit!" Mike yelling caught their attention, looking over as he shouted at the vending machine. Peter stiffed a laugh. Him and Lucas shook the machine before El leaned forward some, using her powers to knock all the snacks off. Peter looked over at her as she whipped her nose.

"Must come in handy." he said honestly, his and El's joined hands rested on his leg. "If I had powers, I'd get so lazy and never do anything."

El grinned. "Like eat rocky road?"

"Yes." Peter nodded honestly. "And listen to a bunch of music. That's it."

"Ugh, hey, Peter." Will stood above the pair, looking over toward Mike as he instead he go on. Will sighed loudly. "Do you know where the bathroom is?"

Peter gave him an odd look at his way of looking over at Mike . "Just right down the hallway."

"Hey, Max, come over here." Lucas spoke loudly and obviously. It was clear Mike was trying to get his friends to distract the pair who were swarming El like sharks.