v. 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬?

Peter shook his head to get the water free from his hair, El opening Heathers front door as the three walked inside

Peter shook his head to get the water free from his hair, El opening Heathers front door as the three walked inside. He'd been freezing, the thin shirt and the rain jacket giving him no justice. El still had his jacket under her own rain coat, her reds while Max had yellow, Peters white from a quick buy at a near by store.

The three walked down the small hallway, hearing murmurs from down the hall. Peter sighed, he didn't want to but he did anyways, stepping infront of El and Max to lead the way. He walked painfully slow, wanting to coward behind one of them but ended up rounded the corner, standing face to face with a laughing woman, Billy Hargrove, and a man sipping at his drink. The girls came up on either of his side, the three at the table gapping their way.

"Max." Billy greater after loosing his initial shock at the sight of her.

"We didn't mean to barge in." Max spoke up quickly for the three, the questionable and odd faces from the two adults at the table enough to scare Peter into silence, "We tried to knock, but maybe you didn't hear us over the storm."

"I'm sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room right now?" the man at the end of the table spoke up, looking at the three.

"Peter Clarke, sir." the boy snapped out of his coward like state, a charming smile across his face, "I believe you've done business with my father before, you look oddly familiar. Shane Clarke wouldn't happen to ring a bell, would it?"

What a people pleaser he was. Pulling the rich daddy card probably saved the three a lot more trouble.

"Ah, sure, helped me purchase the shop across from his smoothie place." the man smiled, becoming a lot less tense now that he knew who's kid this was, "How is your father, son?"

"Just great, sir." Peter nodded, a fake smile plastered across his lips.

"Janet, Tom, this is my sister Maxine." Billy introduced Max to the pair, motioning to the redhead who stood on Peters left, "What on earth are you doing here? Is something wrong?"

El saw the same fake act on Billy as she did on Peter.

"We just wanted to make sure everything was okay." Max looked up at her stepbrother.

"Okay? Why wouldn't it be okay?" Billy gave a questionable look toward the girl.

"Where is she?" El demanded to know an answer.

Billy looks her way, a chilling look dancing around his unrecognizable eyes, "I'm sorry, where is who?"

Peter caught the odd, questionable looks Tom and Janes were giving El. Panic set in, worry that they could possibly be smart enough to put two and two together and end up figuring out El was the random russian girl that was talked about a while back. Peter latched onto El's hand with a quick smile, "She isn't from Hawkins, we met at camp last summer."

"Oh, how sweet." Janes grinned.

"Well, they're a little burnt, i'm sorry-" Heather began as she walking into the dining room, the three looking over quickly with shocked expression to see she'd been okay.