xxixi. 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐮𝐬

If there was one thing Peter was grateful for, it was Eddie Munson

If there was one thing Peter was grateful for, it was Eddie Munson. He was devastated when he found out, he lost Bradley immediately. He had no clue where he'd gone, but it wasn't to Eddie's trailer. He knew that, because he went there to get a dose of sleeping medication. And, thankfully, it knocked him out after his sleepless state.

Nancy let him sleep in her bed, still out as the day rolled around and they began loading things into the car to take to the children that lost their homes in the 'earthquake'.

They all agreed not to bother Peter now that he'd finally been asleep and not on the verge of loosing his mind. But, when a pizza delivery van showed up, they had no choice but to let someone wake him. That someone being DP. Peter winced as he felt licks on his face, his eyes opening. For a second, he thought that mop of hair was Dustin. "DP!"

The dog crawled up onto his chest, licking him. Peter smiled as he rubbed his head, encouraging him to move so he could sit up. When he did, his shoulders fell at the sight of El in the doorway. She gave him a sad smile, crawling into Nancy bed as the pair fell backwards in a tight hug. El shut her eyes. "Thought I lost you."

His eyes stayed open, but only because he was scared that if he'd close them, it would all seem like a dream. "I told you...not possible."

El pulled back, cupping his face with a small shake to her head. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." he held onto her wrist as her palms pressed into either side of his face. "It's not."

"I didn't know where you went. When you disappear from Max's mind." El admitted, her shoulders rose and fell quickly. "Then I saw you in the at-"

"Yeah." he cut her off, he didn't wanna talk about it. He just hugged her back, moving so El could lay back down and he dropped his head onto her chest. DP curled up at their feet. El frowned, putting her hand on Peters head as he just laid there, not saying much, just glad at least she'd been okay.

Down stairs, Wesley worried.

"He doesn't wanna talk about it, he doesn't even want to go to the hospital to see her." Dustin explained to Wesley and Will, who were joined at the hands. "I have no clue where Bradley went, he just disappeared and we haven't been able to find him in two days. Peter hasn't even left the house except to go to Eddie's trailer for some sleeping medicine."

"It's denial." Wesley nodded. "He does that. He pretends stuff isn't real at first."

"I didn't know what to do, I just let him stay up there." Nancy explained, Jonathan by her side. "I think it would be good for him to go see Max. For both of them."

"Yeah." Wesley agreed, looking up the stairs. "I'll talk to him."

"Can I tell you something that I haven't told anyone else?" Wesley asked, laid besides his brother. The others went to the hospital, leaving Peter with Wesley in Nancy's bed. The younger brother had his back turned while the oldest stared up at the ceiling. "I'm relived."