xx. 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬?

The ride back home was rough with Argyle and Jonathan's drugged out conversation

The ride back home was rough with Argyle and Jonathan's drugged out conversation. Non of the younger teens spoke entire they got home, pushing the door open.

"DP." Peter grinned as he dropped to the ground and lifted the dog. "Hello, my love."

El held his hand as Peter held DP with the other, the trio following the group as opera music rung through the house. Will called out to Joyce, the group rounding the corner to the kitchen.

"Well, well!" Murray greeted as he stood in the apron. Wesley's jaw fell slightly, sharing a look with Will. "Aren't you lot a sight for sore eyes, huh?"

"Hi, Murray." Jonathan grinned with a wave.

"You kids like risotto?" he held up spoon.

"Does one plus one equal two?" Peter smiled, walking into the kitchen first.

"He meant yes." Wesley nodded with a clear of his throat.

"So there I was, headed down the I-5, going to see a client in Ventura. I'm looking for a motel to stay in for the night and suddenly, bam, it hits me." Murray explained as they all sat at the table. "Didn't the Byers move here?"

"Small world, isn't it? It's a small world." Joyce awkwardly laugh from the other side of the table.

"So I thought, 'Hey, you know what? Why don't I drop in, say hello to my old friends?'" Murray laughed as he held his fork up.

"So sweet of you." Joyce gushed. Will gave Wesley an odd look, they clearly had been thinking the same thing.

"Sweeter of you to let me stay." he gushed in her direction, Peter cringed.

"And he cooks." Joyce motioned around the table.

"Does this mean I get to stay in El's room now?" Peter spoke up.

"Peter!" Wesley scolded him from across the table.

"I'm just asking since we have another guest." he defended himself.

"I clean too!" Murray payed the brothers no mind, fluffing his hair. "A regular little housewife."

"You should just stay." Joyce smiled fakly in his direction.

"I'd be tempted, Joyce, except you know, you have that, uh.." he trialed off, waving his hands around.

"Right." Joyce hummed. "That business trip."

"Business trip? What business trip?" Will spoke up as El gave her an odd look.

"Oh my gosh." she chuckled. "I almost forgot to tell you guys. This thing came up at work-"

"Peter!" Jonathan reached across the table to touch his nose. "Can you pass me the olive oil? Oh, you have a perfect nose. Will, did you know he's related to Steve Harrington?"