𝟬𝟭. dungeons & dragons

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
ONE!
dungeons and dragons
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮ONE! dungeons and dragons╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

         The sun had already set and a light shower of rain had proceeded to drench the small town of Hawkins, Indiana. To say the town was small was kind of an understatement. Nothing exciting or groundbreaking ever really occurred in this town. It was just a mere rest room stop on a road trip to Disneyland.

It was a boring little town that looked like every other stereotypical suburban American town that was filled with many families and people who wanted to escape the hustle and bustle of the big cities. It was a great town to settle in if you wanted nothing to do.

Speaking of nothing to do, the town was completely barren of attractions and the local kids had to spend their free time coming up with whatever they could in order to keep themselves occupied. Sure there was an arcade, a movie theatre and a few stores in the downtown but it wasn't enough to satisfy the thrill of excitement. There just was never enough to do in this boring small town.

Five of those local kids, William Byers, Michael Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, Dustin Henderson and Wendy Harrington, were currently sitting in the basement level. They were in the process of playing the fun but equally nerdy game, known as Dungeons and Dragons.

This fantasy adventure game was considered everything to these five kids, it's as if their lives depended on it. They spent countless hours of their time just preparing for their campaigns before actually participating in them. You can't blame them for being obsessed with this board game when they were stuck in a boring town like Hawkins.

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here." Mike Wheeler began to narrate the game.

The five preteens all sat around a small table in the semi dark basement with the board game laid out in front of their eyes. Mike secluded himself to one side with a propped up book in front of his face to hide all of the cards and characters he had.

The raven haired boy held the very impressive position of grand master of the game. This meant that he was was the main one in charge of planning the campaigns as well as setting up the game. Mike was granted the honour as the five preteens mostly used his basement.

The other roles in the game consisted of the magical being known as the cleric, who was given to Will Byers or Will the Wise as he often referred to himself as due to the cleric's magical powers.