𝟮𝟭. who's madmax?

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
TWENTY ONE!
who's madmax?
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮TWENTY ONE! who's madmax?╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

Stanley Harrington sighed in boredom as he glanced at the watch on his wrist.

The sun was now starting to set, which meant the crazy influx of children and preteens were about to show up.

The fifteen year old teen boy had taken a part time job at the local arcade and bowling alley in order to earn some extra money for the family as he knew their father sometimes struggled to make end meets on certain bills.

It was a nice gesture as they no longer had to scrap money together in order to buy the necessities and Stanley could have a bit extra to do whatever he pleased. He also didn't mind his job since it wasn't labour intensive and he received great benefits like free tokens for whatever arcade machine he wanted to play.

Overall, it was a great way for him to earn a bit of cash and experience as a teenage boy.

Stanley rested his elbows on the front counter, carefully surveying the area to see how many people were still in the arcade.

There was only a few teenagers hanging around as the high schoolers arrived earlier than the elementary and middle schools. The influx of the younger children wouldn't be in until after five or six, which was actually the busiest time.

This always happened in the late evening.

There was always at least ten people still occupying the machines, trying to beat the high score before the annoying preteens rushed into the building in gigantic groups and took over the beloved machines for themselves.

After Stanley had finished a quick check of the area, he had turned his focus back to the piles of bowling shoes that laid about on the shoe rack. Each pair was practically dying to be placed back into their rightful spot on the racks.

Before the shoes could go back into their rightful place, the boy had to first spray each pair down with a can of disinfectant as god knows how many sweaty feet have gone into them. Stanley shook the almost empty can of disinfectant before cautiously spraying down the blue and red stripped bowling shoes to clean them.

"Thanks again, Stan. I'll see you tomorrow in English." Stanley looked up to see a small group of teenage boys had finally stepped away from the arcade machines and were now leaving to make room for the incoming preteens.