𝟭𝟵. trapped in labyrinth

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
NINETEEN!
trapped in labyrinth
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮NINETEEN! trapped in labyrinth ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

         Dark and cold, those were the only words that could be used to describe the brutal conditions of the Upside Down. It was physically a dark place to the point that you couldn't see a foot in front of your face unless you held a flashlight. It was also so bitterly cold that frost bite was regular occurrence.

The place was basically a reincarnation of hell, despite having a similar appearance to the regular world. The Upside Down was practically the breeding spot for misfortune and gruesome death.

If the gross interior of sticky ooze that made you cringe, didn't turn you off enough than I bet you the idea of blood thirsty monsters would. The thought of the mysterious creature, known as the demogorgan, roaming around and feasting on the flesh of its victims, is enough to tell you that this place is bad news.

The worst of all about the Upside Down was that once you arrived to the dreaded dimension, it was hard to escape. Every person who was sucked into this Hellhole of a place, usually ended up as worm food to the demogorgan. It also didn't help that the portal back to the normal world, often shifted throughout the dimension, making it even harder for the prey to plot their escape.

Only a handful of lucky people had been able to escape the Upside Down, Stanley Harrington, Nancy Wheeler, Jim Hopper, Joyce Byers and her son, Will. But even than, each and every one of them were cutting it close.

The Upside Down was a dangerous place to play as you never knew when the target is going to land on your back and you become the next victim. And unfortunately, Wendy Harrington was the latest victim of the Upside Down.

The preteen girl was awoken with a harsh jolt as if she was electrocuted awake. She shot up from the ground, gasping for harsh breathes. It felt like the oxygen supply had been cut off for the last few hours and this was the first time in a while that she could physically suck in such a large amount of air for her lungs to function normally.

But it didn't help that the air in the Upside Down was so polluted. It felt like her lungs were slowly suffocating with each breath. This caused a burning sensation to overtake her sore throat. The tense pressure in the air had caused her insides to tangle itself in uncomfortably tight knots and the only way to relieve that tightness was to dry heave.

Wendy had spent a few minutes or so, dry heaving the tightness in her stomach with shut eyes. She had squeezed her eyes together to allow herself to focus on her own breaths and drown out the disgusting sight of the Upside Down. She had yet to completely comprehend that she was trapped alone in that dreaded world.