𝟬𝟯. the disappearing act

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
THREE!
the disappearing act
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮THREE! the disappearing act╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

The sudden invasion of the harsh sunlight, poking out from behind the blue curtains, was what woke Wendy Harrington up from her deep slumber.

It also didn't help that the obnoxious beeping that came from her pink alarm clock had rang through the room, adding extra salt to the annoying wound. Though the deaf girl couldn't hear the noise, she could feel the vibrations of the clock shaking on her nightstand and that was enough to alert her.

Wendy groaned in annoyance as she cracked her eyes open. The first thing she did when she was finally aware of her surroundings was beat her alarm clock to a pulp to get the device to shut itself up. She then laid on her back again and stared up at the cream coloured ceiling. She still had some time to lay about in bed before it became too late.

Once the girl had decided she had contemplated her life choices enough, it was time for her to drag herself out of bed. She reluctantly threw her large comforter off of her body, forcing herself to sit up as she did so. She huffed as she didn't want to continue getting up.

It was already Monday morning and she already had given up on the week. It's not like the girl hated school. She actually loved the idea of learning and studying up on new topics.

But it was the other things that were associated with school. She hated tests, projects, homework, grades, the local bullies, the popularity hierarchy and other self deprecating mindsets that came with the pubescent body. That made her middle school experience more unbearable.

Wendy did end up forcing herself to get out of bed to get dressed. She threw on the first thing she saw, which was just jeans, a shirt and a knitted cardigan over top to keep her warm as it was constantly windy outside during the fall in Hawkins.

Her hearing aids came next. She reached for the small device that sat on her dresser, pushing the two tubes into her ear canals and untangling the wires to make the sound connection clearer. She turned the dial at the top of her sound box and she was immediately met with the chirps of birds, indicating that the device was indeed hooked up properly.

Wendy then reluctantly dragged herself downstairs to the kitchen, in order to get some much needed breakfast into her growling stomach. When she had entered the retro looking kitchen, she was immediately met the smell of slightly burned bread.

That smell came from none other than the stack of burnt toast that sat on the counter. It was currently being slathered with a slap of butter by Stanley as an attempt to save his tastebuds before he ultimately had to eat the charred mess.