𝟮𝟱. trap the beast

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
TWENTY FIVE!
trap the beast
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮TWENTY FIVE! trap the beast╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

         When Nina Henderson had awoken from her peaceful nap on the Friday afternoon, she never expected to be bombarded by her younger brother's exclaims of despair.

The curly haired boy had ran straight to his older sister, despite it being early in the morning on a weekend, to explain the tragedy that had just occurred.

Nina Henderson's brain was fogged beyond belief, due to the fact that she had been forcibly awoken from her tranquil rest, thus delaying her comprehension of each word that flew out of Dustin's mouth.

The only sentence that her brain had been able to deciphered from the panicked word vomit was that 'Dart ate Mews.' That phrase alone had caused Nina to jump out of bed in a panic. She immediately decided to step in to help her brother cover up their cat's tragic death before their mother discovered the massacre.

When the girl had entered the living room, she instantly spotted her mother outside, standing on the front with an orange bell toy that she was desperately shaking.

Dustin had clearly lied to the poor woman that the cat had somehow snuck out. She was then met with the worried face of her younger brother, who had laid out the entire situation to her in simple terms.

Apparently, the curly haired boy had found a small slimy creature in their garbage can and snuck in the being, he named Dart, into the house to keep as a pet.

The unfortunate part was that the little slime beast had kept mutating into a bigger version of itself, gaining a larger appetite and leading it to feast on poor Mews as its next dinner meal. It was sad to say the least as Nina like the Cheeto coloured cat but she ultimately agreed to help her brother.

"Dusty, Nina, baby." Claudia called as she opened the front door to re-enter the house. She looked distraught beyond belief and was on the verge of tears at the situation.

"You two are sure she's not in your rooms?" The woman questioned worryingly, closing the front door behind her. Nina just shook her head as Dustin quickly picked up the house phone to pretend he was busy.

"Uh-huh. Thank you so much, Mr McCorkle. Thank you so much. You are a true lifesaver. Alright, this was great. Thank you. Alright, have a good one. Bye bye now. Alright, you too." Dustin spoke into the phone as if he was actually making a call when in reality, the line was completely dead.