𝟯𝟬. the spy

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
THIRTY!
the spy
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮THIRTY! the spy ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

         Hawkins Laboratory, just the name alone brought many different tastes to the mouths of the hundreds civilians of Hawkins.

To some, the place was just a boring old building that reeked of disinfectant, cheap fluorescent lighting and middle aged men, dressed in starchy white lab coats. To some, the laboratory was what it claimed to be, the department of energy. Others just thought the laboratory was just some sort of government secrecy but didn't know what.

But to an unlucky bunch of people, they knew that the laboratory was just an inhuman place. A place that inflicted mental anguish to many helpless victims that were stuck within its walls.

Thomas Harrington was one of those people. He already believed Hawkins Laboratory was a somewhat questionable place due to the many conspiracy theories that floated around town. And it didn't help that it's workers on multiple occasions have tried to intersect his work path, despite not being permitted to. They were a real pain in his ass.

But his actual hatred for the place came after his daughter's presumed death. As her father, he expected that he would learn every single bit of information available but the lab made that task extremely difficult for him. He felt like they were working against him, instead of supporting him through the grieving process.

The Harrington male came to the conclusion that the lab wasn't entirely being truthful about the whole situation. He started to believe that Wendy wasn't actually dead in the forest like the lab said but that they were covering up something more awful and were just feeding him lies instead. They were trying to deter him from finding the truth.

There was still a sliver of hope that the girl was actually alive and the lab were just making everything more difficult for him to actually find out the truth. And this led him to believing that the lab was one of the many places on earth that was just hell reincarnated.

The fact that Thomas was currently standing on the property of Hawkins Laboratory was enough to cause him an serious aneurysm.

He hated the sight of the flickering fluorescent lighting, the sickly white tiles that reeked of bleach and the drab walls that were filled with uptight professionals. He even hated the obnoxious teal scrubs uniform that he was subjected to wear after being forcibly stripped of all of his belongings upon escaping the tunnels.

The thought alone made his skin crawl but he was willing to swallow his own stress and terror in order to comfort the others around him. Sometimes he cursed his own gentle nature as all he wanted to do was escape to the comfort of his own home but instead, he was comforting Joyce Byers as she watched her son's condition deteriorate.