𝟮𝟰. el's journey outside

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
TWENTY FOUR!
el's journey outside
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮TWENTY FOUR! el's journey outside╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

The morning after Halloween was still as awkward as ever between the family of three.

Eleven was still not on speaking terms with Hopper and barely spoke a single word to Wendy. She had practically refused to indulge in the candy brought back and barely touched the bowl of spaghetti that Wendy had brought to her to eat. She had resorted to barricading herself inside of her bedroom, enclosing herself into a safe little bubble that would easily allow her to ignore the outside world.

Hopper was frustrated as he couldn't break through the younger girl's walls as she was acting stubborn towards the situation, in his opinion.

And Wendy Harrington was stuck in the middle of their petty fight, trying to soothe both sides before they exploded.

It was almost nine in the morning and Eleven had yet to drag herself out of bed for breakfast. Hopper sighed in disappointment at the lack of her presence as he got dressed in his chief uniform. He was hoping that the younger girl would of cooled off due to a good night's sleep.

But his hopes were instantly crushed, when Wendy had announced Eleven's lack of disinterest in leaving her room.

He didn't know how long this awkward situation would last as he had never had to deal with the unexplainable moodiness of a preteen girl.

Luckily for him, the other preteen girl in his care, was trying to her best to step up and calm the situation. Wendy stood in the kitchen, watching her Eggo waffles cook in the toaster.

The girl had come up with the brilliant idea of making a peace bond for the two, in the form of Eggo waffles as food often brings people together, even in tense situations. She spent a whole half an hour, piecing together her masterpiece, that she named the 'Eggo extravaganza.'

Her master plan was three Eggo waffles, cooked to golden perfection, stacked on top of each other in a tower with each layer slathered in a thick coating of fluffy whipped cream that she had found in the fridge. For finishing toppings, she had added a layer of crushed up Reece's pieces and some miscellaneous chocolate bar to the waffle tower to complete the meal.

It was definitely too many calories and sugary for one person but was the perfect remedy to this awkward situation.

"Breakfast is served!" Wendy announced happily, placing her sugar loaded creation on the table.